• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ordered the Connex 4300HP-300 today

Snake Eyes

Oct 24, 2007
I have chosen this radio to use in my home on AM. Yeah!!! What a talker it's supposed to be!

(Tuned not to exceed 100% modulation.)

Snake Eyes

I bought it through Copper, and incidentally, the technician called me and explained that it would need to be tuned for 100% modulation on the high end (as I requested modulation not to exceed 100%), because tuning it on the low end would create some issues.

I hope I made a good choice in Copper. :)

Thanks.

73, Snake Eyes

wow...nice radios...i was tryin to choose between it an the galaxy 98vhp...i ended up goin with the 98 just because i had enough power supply to run it...

i know you will enjoy this radio

Dude, you bought it from Copper.........good luck. At least buy just the radio from them but for god sake don't let them "tune" it for you. Their radio techs are a joke, of you go to their forum ( which is a joke) and post anything at all that questions what their techs do they boot you off the forum. No kidding! Wow man, I can think of at least 6 places you would be better off buying from, it's just not worth saving 20 bucks.

Butcher318 said:
Dude, you bought it from Copper.........good luck. At least buy just the radio from them but for god sake don't let them "tune" it for you. Their radio techs are a joke, of you go to their forum ( which is a joke) and post anything at all that questions what their techs do they boot you off the forum. No kidding! Wow man, I can think of at least 6 places you would be better off buying from, it's just not worth saving 20 bucks.

Very true.......BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

Oh and dont forget what i told you on the other forum or BOOM!

Butcher318 said:

Excellent advice !!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno.... they are cheaper, but they are essentially doing the same thing to the radio when I request it to be tuned not to exceed 100% modulation. They have the same equipment as other guys, etc.

I inquired about the superwackpack (radioactiveradios) and I was basically ran off due to the fact that I wanted the radio not to exceed 100% modulation.... well I appreciated being ran off for the amount of extra money I would have spent (for something the company just didn't like to do)!

I was basically ran off, because I was told that they build competition radios, have $2 million in sales, and do not do anything BUT exceed the 100% modulation mark.

Well, I don't want to exceed 100% modulation, which only results in a distorted (audio) signal!!

Thus, I went with the big guys, giving them complete instructions on what I wanted.

Can't see how I could have done it much differently.

Thanks,
Snake Eyes

omg, really dude!!

a tune is a tune is a tune.... you don't think these guys have the same or similar capabilities....

i'd rather trust the big guys than somebody with a name like gijoeelectronics or radioactiveradios....

see what i mean?

gi joe? radio active?

copper has been in business for as long if not longer than i've been in the hobby, which is 19 years.

anyway, if you want to throw your hard earned dollars at the aforementioned places, than I guess I've got that same right to go where I want to.

peace.

snake eyes

All we are saying is a tune is not just a tune. In fact, the way a radio sounds is only as good as the tech that worked on it. Copper is a bargain basement wholesale seller, that means factory seconds, returns, closeouts, discontinued models, scratch and dent, and a small amount of new good stuff. When you buy from them you are rolling the dice. There main tech 808 or something like that is a fool.

I have heard one radioactive radio on the air and it sounded ok. I don't really trust them though, you don't need a sales gimmick like whack this and superwhack that to sell radio's. Whay not give it a correct tune and alignment. It sounds like they are dick$ on the phone from what you said so that should say alot about what they are about.

If you need information try sending a message to DTB Radio, Freecell, SS8541, Lords, and probably several more I missed that work on radio's on a regular basis. They are all members here. If your going to spend all that cash on a top shelf radio don't give a 5 dollar tune or it will sound like a 5 dollar radio.

frogman296 said:
i generally stay away from places that have a blacklist on their page

Just to clarify, the DTB Radio website only links to the blacklist. Since the blacklist generally only lists shops that are known to clip limiters, etc, I keep the link posted. Many have thanked me in person for having that link there, since it kept them from spending money to have their radio butchered. Many more have told me in person that they wished they'd seen the list BEFORE they blew their money on a hack job, and then had to spend even more to have the first hack job fixed.

omg, really dude!!

a tune is a tune is a tune.... you don't think these guys have the same or similar capabilities....

Having been in this business for about 15 years professionally, and a lot longer in all, I can definitely say that you are making a huge, possibly costly, mistake by assuming that. And no, not all shops have the same equipment or experience. Not even close. Most "shops" don't even have a good oscilloscope, let alone the other equipment such as decent signal generator, spectrum analyzer, etc etc etc. Most shops also don't have true techs, just someone (or a few someones) who read a few books (or websites, which is truly scary), or maybe just watched someone else for a while. Don't assume that Copper or any other business has the "right stuff" just because they've been around a long time. I have personally seen a number of Copper-tuned radios that were clipped and really distorted. Its not for nothing that several other members chimed in warning against Copper.

If you want to really make a smart choice in selecting a shop, then find out who handles warranty (or out-of-warranty) repairs for the various radio brands. Many of those places are not just repair shops for the brand they are affiliated with, but are also regular CB shops. A couple examples are Mountain View Electronics (Cobra warranty center), 8541 Electronics (Galaxy DX Radio out-of-warranty repair center), Circuit Master (Galaxy DX Radio out-of-warranty repair center), and my own business, DTB Radio (Galaxy DX Radio out-of-warranty repair center). There are others, of course, but those will give you an idea. If you want to research it your self, contact the various brands, such as Cobra and Galaxy, and ask them yourself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.