• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Poll: Should New Members Be Required To Have Minimum Posts Before Using 4 Sale Forum?

Should New Members Have A Min. Post Count On Site Before Being Able To Use 4 Sale ?

• Yes

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
While some valid points have been brought up here, I'm not so sure requiring 25 posts is going to insure an honest transaction anyhow. If your goal is to sell something deceptively then it would not be too hard to spend an hour making 25 meaningless posts. If the goal is to protect buyers in the forum, then perhaps we should be thinking about other requirements that would discourage this. For example lets make it difficult for a dishonest seller to remain anonymous. Before you are allowed to post an item for sale, perhaps you should have to send a scanned copy of your drivers license or photo ID to one of the moderators. While this may place a larger work load on the moderators I suspect it would correct the problem more effectively then just requiring posts from an anonymous person.

Being creative does not neccesarily get it read and it certainly does not get it to a world market.
Here in England when you submit your advert it goes into eBay.co.uk......not .com

you can sign into any e bay with your uk username and advertise anywhere.i go on e bay france quite regularly.

as for making members have x amount of posts or x amount of time,i'm with shockwave,if someone wants to get round that type of system it ain't exactly rocket science,for whatever reason there will always be those who lie,cheat and rip people off,and nothing you can do will stop anyone determined to do it.even those with big reputations for posting have been known to rip people off and this forum is no exception reading through many of the threads on here on exactly that subject.they just duck and dive to avoid responsibility till the forum moderation team get fed up with complaints and ban them,only for them to appear later with a new username,through a hacked wifi connection with a different ip/mac address.the reality is nothing you can do will stop the determined selling shit or reappearing on forums.

i voted no,as i believe in open polls and the fact that nothing will stop dishonest people.

I think the idea was to encourage participation with the rest of the forums rather than just to come here to sell stuff and then you get nothing else out of them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.