• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln or RCI 2950 DX

President Licoln or 2950 DX

• Total voters

i don't run the lincoln but use the 2510 and the 2950. seems they both do the same wattage but the receive is 100% better on the 2510 no white noise. i like the control layout on the 2950 better, knobs spaced out better as well as nice back ground lighting much easier to use at night. but if i had to dump one for the other i would dump the 2950 and keep the president 2510 which is pretty much the same as the lincoln.

I have never had the pleasure of owning a Lincoln but i have always heard that they are one of the best side band radio out there. If you can get your hands on one that has not been messed with. You know things like swing kits, ehco boards crap like that then i would jump on it.

The Lincoln has a MUCH better receiver that the 2950DX. Both have good TX audio, but I think the Lincoln has a smoother, more natural sound. That can depend heavily on what microphone you use, but when i talk on my Lincoln mobile with an Astatic 575 mic, I get lots of people that can't believe I'm not on a Kenwood/Icom/Yaesu base rig.

Some people say that Lincolns are not good AM talkers. It is true that they don't have assblaster loud AM, but if you adjust the AMC and use a good quality mic, they sound very good on AM. Absolutely beautiful, crystal clear audio. And if you really HAVE to have assblaster AM audio, there are a couple of mods to accomplish this, too.

They really are fine radios, and you can see the quality if you open one up and compare to any RCI radio.

2950dx & lincoln

I have had several of each radio. Both great radios . Lincoln has much better receive . 2950DX is easier to use and has more features . Both are super talkers.

I agree with 725 . The RX is a little better with the Lincoln . The 2950 has a bigger display and is easier to read when in the mobile. Can't go with either one.

CDX159 said:
I agree with 725 . The RX is a little better with the Lincoln . The 2950 has a bigger display and is easier to read when in the mobile. Can't go with either one.

absolutly! i have had both and the lincoln/2510 recieve is much better hands down. its quiet and it picks up distant stations very well. the only reason i got rid of mine is the memory scan function on the 2950. i set the 10 most common frequencys and scan them so i never miss anything.

LINCOLN / 2950

HI FOLKS :D I OWN A MINT PRESIDENT LINCOLN THAT WAS CHIPSWITCHED BY ROGERBIRD, HE EVEN SIGNED THE CHIP!! I WILL NEVER LET THIS RADIO PART MY COMPANY,BRILLIANT ON BOTH TX &RX. PULLS IN LIKE A SUPERCHARGED MAGNET. I HAVE A D104 M6B MIKE ON IT & IT SOUNDS AWSOME!! :D

hey WARBY speak up...we can't hear you :p

as far as which radio i would chose neither
i would of those type of radios gone with 2970 if had to chose from those types of radios

have since moved on to radios that indeed truely can pull in those distant signals as well as talk back to them

LINOLN/2950

ANOTHER THING I PREFER ABOUT THE LINCOLN IS THE LOCATION OF THE VFO KNOB, ITS IN A MORE ACCESSIBLE POSITION. ALSO MY CHIPSWITCH LINCOLN HAS 30 MEMORIE CHANNELS RATHER THAN THE RANGERS 10, THERE AGAIN I WOULD'NT HAVE ANY MEMORIE CHANNELS ON MY LINCOLN IF IT WAS'NT FOR THE FACT THAT ITS CHIPSWITCHED. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.