• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rci 2950dx e-chip

plugged the e-chip in and all hooked up, and of course the last 3-4 days I have had great dx coming in till 9pm and this evening dead,,lol,, should be some locals tonight to try it out with.

What is an E-chip?

It's a little electronic board about the size of a pinky finger. It has a plug on the end that plugs into the circuit board behind the display on 29XX series radios.

When you plug it in, it gives you expanded frequencies, including the CB and freeband channels.

Without the chip, the radio will only work on the HAM bands.

Screenshot_2013-04-15-13-55-32-1_zpsf1d5578d.png

radio showed up today, e-chip in the box, radio untouched!

nope. don't believe you. can't be true. copper (along with h&y) are liars, cheats & thieves. they would STEAL your e-chip & butcher the radio-on purpose, no less. they have to. i read it on the internet....here i do believe.....& everything you read on the internet is true.
of course i've dealt with them since the 80's & never had a non-correctable problem. & until camaro1 came along, i heard i was the only one ;)

Reactions: 1 person
Hi. I saw the convo on the e chips n had to jump in here .. I'm getting desperate... I just bought a second hand mirage stealth pro manufactured by rangeebut they offer no help as it is not their product . Being naive I used a key combo n wiped the 40 channel cb mod n do not have the e chip to restore it.. as far as mirage goes on support they might as well not exist.. anybody have any advice? Would another e chip from a ranger product suffice? If so where would I get one? Thanks in advance

Hi. I saw the convo on the e chips n had to jump in here .. I'm getting desperate... I just bought a second hand mirage stealth pro manufactured by rangeebut they offer no help as it is not their product . Being naive I used a key combo n wiped the 40 channel cb mod n do not have the e chip to restore it.. as far as mirage goes on support they might as well not exist.. anybody have any advice? Would another e chip from a ranger product suffice? If so where would I get one? Thanks in advance
The e-chip for the stealth pro is a five wire, five pin e-chip, the three wire, three pin will not work. The e-chip is shipped with a new mirage stealth pro. If not it was removed, so the box has been opened! I looked at the stealth pro, it was will built and I liked the heavy power plug. Sure would be nice if the conversion was on-line somewhere....its even hard to find a review on the stealth pro! Has anyone used one??? Must be the stealth in it, to hard to find!
I did read the Mirage is a subline of Ranger, it has a EPTSK7010D Ranger board in it.

Copper may indeed be including the E-chips. Still doesn't make up for them sending me a refurbed turd and a horribly tuned radio.

That's par for the course with them, been selling refurbs seconds & blems for years. For every happy radio customer there are ten that are either unhappy or have no clue they got screwed. To mention Crapper, H&Y, and radio tech work in the same sentence is laughable. The only reason they stopped doing the E-chip theft scam is enough people complained to them & RCI about this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.