• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

Just got home from work (Five Guys) and thought I might fire up the Ranger on 16 LSB for a few minutes before I take my Dad out for dinner tonight for his 84 birthday,alot of static on my end hitting me around a 7-9 on the meter+ people bleeding over from 19 up my way,hope you all have a great weekend and I'll be on the air in the afternoon tomorrow, Sound's like you all made some good Contacts today!!

73's

Just got home from work (Five Guys) and thought I might fire up the Ranger on 16 LSB for a few minutes before I take my Dad out for dinner tonight for his 84 birthday,alot of static on my end hitting me around a 7-9 on the meter+ people bleeding over from 19 up my way,hope you all have a great weekend and I'll be on the air in the afternoon tomorrow, Sound's like you all made some good Contacts today!!

73's
Happy birthday to your Dad!!! My Dad turned 84 last month too. Enjoy dinner you guys!!

Heard em all, including 226, well not 917. Can't reach out though. Maybe some extra juice.
Put the fire in the wire. I don't ever talk DX Without fire in the wire. At one time I was thinking of having 1500 or 1600 wieners on hand. But my little Texas Star seems to be doing just fine on its own. It's all I need and it's all I'm ever going to have.

WOW! Channel 16 LSB sounding like old times. Went out to the Advanced State of the Art Facility, umm the garage, turned on all the radio apparatus's, takes a while for everything to get all warmed. Listening in as working I heard many SSB LSB stations talking, on CH16, 27.155 Mc LSB. This is great talked to a few stations back east and had a great time. I will be listening way more often. Is big Ten-4 G.I.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert 889

WOW! Channel 16 LSB sounding like old times. Went out to the Advanced State of the Art Facility, umm the garage, turned on all the radio apparatus's, takes a while for everything to get all warmed. Listening in as working I heard many SSB LSB stations talking, on CH16, 27.155 Mc LSB. This is great talked to a few stations back east and had a great time. I will be listening way more often. Is big Ten-4 G.I.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert 889
Do you recall our qso yesterday up on the higher end? You were my last contact yesterday, so it must have been around 4 or 5 pm CST.
Or maybe it was on 16. I can't remember!

Last edited:
WDX134 Nebraska was booming into my radio at 9+. Could hear him talking to 465 PA., but could not copy, or make contact with 465.

Called WDX159 in California, and we had a short conversation. Had a 5/7 on his signal here in NC.

Heard some others calling, but could not get a good copy...sorry. The NE corner and Michigan is just not coming in for me. Skip is jumping over the NE corner to Nova Scotia, and the same for Michigan into Canada. Big signals coming out of Canada and Nova Scotia for me.

I wasn't on much yesterday, but did make contacts with WDX 226 around 3:24P.M. and then with 36 in Ohio about ten minutes later.

Today has been pretty active. I had a good contact with WDX 134 in Nebraska around 12:09. A few minutes later he was talking to 465, who was booming in. Some guys on AM 16 out of NW Arkansas were making contacts difficult, but we still managed.

Around 12:25, I had a solid contact with NWR 27 out Philly. 36 in Ohio connected with me about five minutes later. 917 Pasadena mobile was my last QSO right at 1:00P.M. eastern. He was making the trip, but the communication was made difficult by some serious bleed-over from AM 15.

Not a bad start today. Let's see if our luck (and propagation) hold up.

WDX 945 was making a solid trip down here around 1:25P.M. I could hear him fine, but it sounds like his ears were being clipped.

I did hear a few other stations trying to get back to me, but I was really struggling to hear them. 363 was one of them. 36 in Ohio from his mobile stood out from that group and we were able to carry on the QSO. I've also had a weak copy on 159 several times.

There's definitely skip

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.