• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

shortened 80 meter antenna

75 meter phone frequency really does not cause any RFI that I have noticed, I have my computer speakers turned on and i am using legal limit into a dipole and i do not get any rfi.

I DO use good 1:1 current baluns at all feed points of my dipole antennas

i am not running a balun on the 80 meter that's is 1 thing on my list of things i need. on 80M i am getting in to my stereo and computer speakers but only on 80m. i have a W2AU on my 40/20/10m fan dipole and i get no RFI. I am going to order 3 more soon one for the 80 meter and i was thinking of making 1 for 17/15/12m or a 30/17/12m and one for my friend he wants me to help him make a fan dipole.

what brand current baluns do you run?

try 3.885, not hearing anything there

i have a K4KYV on AM 3.885

k4kyv now on ther calling cq on AM,, after I heard you and called back to you,,lol

doh
yeah i got you before MR AM came in

You guys do know that 3885 is in the AM window right? In fact it is the 75m AM calling frequency. Don, K4KYV is a BIG time AM operator near Clarksville Tenn. SSB operators aka Slop Buckets, are discouraged from operating in that AM window which is only 20 KHz wide from 3870-3890. Plenty of room for SSB elsewhere by comparison.

Reactions: DainBramage
You guys do know that 3885 is in the AM window right? In fact it is the 75m AM calling frequency. Don, K4KYV is a BIG time AM operator near Clarksville Tenn. SSB operators aka Slop Buckets, are discouraged from operating in that AM window which is only 20 KHz wide from 3870-3890. Plenty of room for SSB elsewhere by comparison.

o yeah i was all over the dial that night there was no room any where LOL
it took me 1 minute to fined out who K4KYV when i did a quick Google search the dude has videos on youtube and his gear is old and impressive.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.