• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Six pill High Drive Fat Boy

...why do they continue to beat the piss out of them?...

It's simple.... because they can.
If they see any extra forward movement on any watt meter then it's worth it to them.
They don't have the slightest idea, nor do they care, about spurious emission or what harmonic the majority of their power is actually in.
All they care about is that their dosy, that was tuned to a bird43, shows XXX wattage so that must be exactly what they are putting out each time they key.

2sc2879 will reliably give 80w at 13.8vdc with modest input
same transistor (yes, transistor.. not a pill) will show more power out with the same modest input at a higher vdc
so knowing this, if they run 16-18vdc and crank the input beyond modest then they should really get out, right?
The dosy says so :D

one one one one and i'm back out.... lol

I DK my 2x8 at 300w and let it swing . I don't think I've ever seen more than 12 or 1300w pep out of it. I could run the hell out of it but what's the point.

It equates to little Man Syndrome. Ever notice how the small guys yap the loudest to make themselves feel big? Just like the little rat dogs that yap all the time until you look at them and stamp your foot. They are trying to compensate for something and stroke their ego.That's what I see. If they would only get educated as to what those watts are doing and where they are spread out on the spectrum they would realize that they can do more with less showing on the meter. They are only fooling themselves but then again some are just there to stir up shit on the air and the more shit they stir up the better it makes them feel. Little Man Syndrome again. Like it or not but sometimes the truth just plain hurts.

Reactions: NZ8N
it's not mentally challenged folks doing it .... no need to reduce them to the level of folks that are simply ignorant .

I am not trying to reduce anyone to any level. Those that do not know better will eventually learn the right way if genuinely interested. It is the blatant ignorence that is being descussed.

But what are you gonna do? that is what makes 11 meters the putrid repugnant milignancy that it is today!

20+s units of hundreds of individuals with that Aaaaaaauuuuudddiiiioooo11111111111 skip crap 2 to 300 KHz in any direction is enough to switch it off and fire up the hf rig.

Reactions: NZ8N
I am not trying to reduce anyone to any level. Those that do not know better will eventually learn the right way if genuinely interested. It is the blatant ignorence that is being descussed.

But what are you gonna do? that is what makes 11 meters the putrid repugnant milignancy that it is today!

20+s units of hundreds of individuals with that Aaaaaaauuuuudddiiiioooo11111111111 skip crap 2 to 300 KHz in any direction is enough to switch it off and fire up the hf rig.

BUT YET YOU'RE STILL HERE?!?!?

Here's what I have.

I have an X-Force AB1 biased 2x4 base box. 2290's driving 2879's. I get 600W out of it on SSB. I am TOTALLY happy with this kind of output. I do not expect any more, nor do I want any more. I use 18W input to get 600 out. That's at 12.1V.

No big numbers there. Just good solid believable numbers. ;)

~Cheers~

Reactions: NZ8N and Robb
Yea since X-Force does not make an AB anything. If they did I would have one and it sure as heck would not be a 2x4.

Here's what I have.

I have an X-Force AB1 biased 2x4 base box. 2290's driving 2879's. I get 600W out of it on SSB. I am TOTALLY happy with this kind of output. I do not expect any more, nor do I want any more. I use 18W input to get 600 out. That's at 12.1V.

No big numbers there. Just good solid believable numbers. ;)

~Cheers~

I wonder about those 2x4 amplifiers,

I see the numbers you posted. OK, so 2 2290's= 120 watts driving into 4 2879's rated at 10 watts input pep at 120 watts out. So it would seem according to the spec's on the datasheet the drive signal is already 20 watts into overdrive before you say "boo" per transistor. So correct me if I am wrong but how would having a biased 2x4 help if it is already well into overdrive before you add any audio to it? Where do you think the 120 watts of "extra" power is going? It dosn't make sense to add 2 drivers to a 4 transistor amplifier.

Wouldn't it fall under the same lines as what is being discussed prior?

Just curious.

13 is not a lier , i fully believe he has what he says he has . it may be a special order amp or he may have adding the ab1 biasing himself . either way pics would be sweet :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.