• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
Has anyone on hear heard of or used Snake radios for their radio purchase or tune? Just curious as I've been seeing a lot of his videos on youtube.

I see.........I need a good shop as the local one here has become a "trucker tuned" shop that has no care for radio just the money. Plus they won't touch certain radios or WAY over price the work. I took a cobra 89 base into them for a tune and peak and was told $125 and 3-4 days. They do mobile radios like a 959 for $40 and it takes them all of 15 minutes? I am thinking DTB now that I have got more info. Looked at Bells but the reviews don't look so good for them.

He's tolerable... I've seen where he has a tendency to hot rod some stuff. I think he has a long turnaround.

I'm talking about Bells...

Last edited:
people say that Tim (snakeradios) is "the man" when it comes to old cobra radios.

that is because those radios are what he knows how to mod.
and thats because the info to mod those radios is all over the net.
he says that he never took mods off the net, but i have proved that wrong in the past.

Tim can solder. Tim can remove a part and solder in a new one.
Tim knows how to use the AC and DC scales of his voltmeter.
Tim knows how to scour the internet looking for new things to do to peoples' radios in order to make a few more bucks.

Tim does not know "why" he does many of the mods he does.
Tim does not know why some of them are not meant to be combined with other mods.

Tim will replace parts on your radio that he determines to be "no good".
the criteria he uses to determine what exactly "no good" means is up for debate.

Just a little while back Tim got involved with a friend of mine, who trusted Tim, and steered business Tim's way.
Tim ended up screwing my friend over big time, and even seemed to be laughing about it.

bottom line, if i needed radio work done by someone else; Tim would be VERY low on my list of who to use.

everything i stated in this post is known to me to be the truth, and is not heresy from other people.
LC

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.