• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys. Why is it that most posts on here become arguments? I just wanted some info from others before possibly wasting money. So someone posted thier experience with a tech. Relax it's just the experience they had and how they feel and I could relate if I spent money and felt I got ripped off. What really makes no sense to me is those that fight on here but let them hear that some person calling CQ from 1000 miles away and they try anything they have to make that skip connection. I'm not saying I'm perfect but I try not to fight with others here as we are all doing our hobby and trying to share and learn from each other.

Come on guys. Why is it that most posts on here become arguments? I just wanted some info from others before possibly wasting money. So someone posted thier experience with a tech. Relax it's just the experience they had and how they feel and I could relate if I spent money and felt I got ripped off. What really makes no sense to me is those that fight on here but let them hear that some person calling CQ from 1000 miles away and they try anything they have to make that skip connection. I'm not saying I'm perfect but I try not to fight with others here as we are all doing our hobby and trying to share and learn from each other.

This from a guy that wants to run a 257HP into a Texas Star 350. You asked......you have been told.......NUFF SAID. If you can't deal with the truth then buy a darn radio from him already. If you do I will send you a free box of puffs so we don't have to hear you cry about it.

Reactions: 1 person
Jon, anyone who has been on this forum for a while knows that you are just a shill for Tim, and therefore your opinions are taken with a grain of salt.

the post i made was truthful.
there should be no reason for argument here.
LC

If Tim is a hack, why is he cleaning up other ppl's rats nest. Sure he is cocky & arrogant but i give him credit for video taping his work, alot dont. Bells wont show their work, just meter readings, interesting to watch on your down time but gets old real fast. Tim talks alot and watching his vids he sometimes blurts out his tips & mods. Ive stole a few things from him, but if he wouldnt of sayed it, i wouldnt of heard it, lol, so its not stealing, lol. Ive gotten into it with him a couple times and he sent me an email a mile long repeating he doesnt care whats said about him. Sure he disabled the rating & comments on Youtube, probably got sick of me telling him to quit banging ppl's radios on that glass desk and turning ppl's channel knob violently like a gumball machine, lol. He also gets a bad rep for not using a scope, some techs rely on a scope way too much and need to use the human ear more before shipping a radio back to the customer, even a Muscle car gets peaked & tuned without an electronic tool, just use your god given ears, eyes, been that way for decades. Alot of CBr's need to learn how to wire a mic before bashing on other guys that know how to work on radios, opening up your wallet and owning $1,000's of dollars of equipment doesnt make ya a tech know -it-all, just a knob turner. Ive been working on CB's for a long time too, im learning new mods almost every day, but i wouldnt run a buisness out of my home and video tape it like him, that i will give him credit on and i dont think he's a hack, just cocky.

If Tim is a hack, why is he cleaning up other ppl's rats nest. Sure he is cocky & arrogant but i give him credit for video taping his work, alot dont. Bells wont show their work, just meter readings, interesting to watch on your down time but gets old real fast. Tim talks alot and watching his vids he sometimes blurts out his tips & mods. Ive stole a few things from him, but if he wouldnt of sayed it, i wouldnt of heard it, lol, so its not stealing, lol. Ive gotten into it with him a couple times and he sent me an email a mile long repeating he doesnt care whats said about him. Sure he disabled the rating & comments on Youtube, probably got sick of me telling him to quit banging ppl's radios on that glass desk and turning ppl's channel knob violently like a gumball machine, lol. He also gets a bad rep for not using a scope, some techs rely on a scope way too much and need to use the human ear more before shipping a radio back to the customer, even a Muscle car gets peaked & tuned without an electronic tool, just use your god given ears, eyes, been that way for decades. Alot of CBr's
need to learn how to wire a mic before bashing on other guys that know how to work on radios, opening up your wallet and owning $1,000's of dollars of equipment doesnt make ya a tech know -it-all, just a knob turner. Ive been working on CB's for a long time too, im learning new mods almost every day, but i wouldnt run a buisness out of my home and video tape it like him, that i will give him credit on and i dont think he's a hack, just cocky.

IMO i think Tim is a cock. I don't much care to hear four letter words when he trying to sell his so called services.. Not very professional if you ask me..

wow

like i said before he fixed 1 radio for me. did a good job.
so now i am a shill for Tim. hell i have not talked to tim in a few years.
seems to me your the one trying to start a fight. me
i could care less.about you or how you feel.so f.o

I wouldn't send my dog to the guy... I have heard too much bad press about the guy and his dickhead acting personality rubs me the wrong way.

ok Jon, i'll f.o.

and we'll all just pretend like its a just a coincidence that whenever there is a thread about snakeradios you show up in his defense.

ZMAN, Tim does not have any original mods, so dont feel bad about using something you overheard him say.
He does not possess the electronics knowledge to come up with his own mods.
that is not bashing, that is just a fact.

if anyone reading this thread has an old cobra 148 or similar radio, and wants to have it re-capped and restored, then by all means, send it to Tim.
like i said, he does a good job of soldering, and runs the wires all nice and neat. (i still cant stand the fact that he uses speaker wire though)

just be careful about what he says needs to be replaced in your radio.
like i said before, from what ive seen his methods of determining what constitutes a "good" part from a "bad" part are questionable at best.

you as the customer are at a disadvantage simply because you dont know enough about the inner workings of your radio to know whether or not someone is replacing parts that dont need it and charging you for it.

shady mechanics have been doing it since cars were invented.

the things i post about Tim are not based on malice or because i mean to bear him any ill will, i do not run a competing business.
im just giving potential customers fair warning about what they might be getting for their hard earned money.

'nuff said,
LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.