• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Something for all the self-important hams.

Only to those who don't lose sleep at night over illegal radio operations.

There are people who lose sleep over stuff like that? Personally, I haven't really experienced all that much harmful "illegal" QRM (from stations running too much power or running dirty, freebanding etc..) to where I stress out at all, much less lose sleep.

Do I hear the splatter and mess when it happens? Absolutely, and quite often.. but it doesn't stress me out even slightly. For me it's just a hobby.. a hobby I enjoy and take seriously, but stress is reserved for things that really matter..

I've been a ham for 40 years (DANG! That long!?) since a freshman in high school. I'm definitely not a "stuffed shirt" and spend my radio time SWLing, CBing, and repairing those old POS's boat anchors that some toss out as "unrepairable". After they're fixed do I talk on them? Hardly ever. Most hams just bore the living crap out of me with on the air QSO's. I do have a couple of friends that just happen to be hams, but only one is really active.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.