• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Starter HAM setup?

I'm going to guess there are no American made HAM radios at all.
I only own ICOM gear these days. I am not a fan of any brand made in the USA. I'm going to stick with what has served me well over time. I don't want any that don't have a band scope for HF/6 meters built into the radio itself & that has a touch screen. I have had terrible service from Yaesu radios & Kenwood service is beyond Pathetic. Ten Tec is a DEAD Horse that has been kicked over & over & they are also Butt Ugly radios. I'm for sure replacing the ICOM 7700 with another 7700 but I'm not 100% sure on everything else?

Reactions: S&W357 and Zeedood
in the Yaesu line the ft-101e there is a guy here in fl that's all he only works on, just had mine service by him he has a FB page call keeping the Yaesu ft-101 alive
I'm guessing you are talking about Goob-WW4US in Green Cove Springs,Florida? He's great with them but we live 45 miles apart & I am not driving over there every few days for repairs. He's a long time friend.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.