• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR-9XX?

he didn't have a selling price in front of him to share ATM . it is pc programmable by a usb jack in back and comes with the software . he THINKS it covers 24MHz - 32MHz . it has a 3 yr warranty and uses mostly SMT construction .

I would think the importer (Shawn) would know a little more about the product he plans on importing.:confused::confused:

oh well , its the weekend . hopefully he will get to you monday or tuesday . if the tx and rx can keep up with , or do better than , a magnum 257HP or 45HP ... and with all the programming of the 29XX radios and more , the right price will make it a great seller . that seems like way too much to hope for though :(

I hope so as well. I am interested in how well it will stack up.
I do not care for the CB type features echo, I do not mind the lights as long as you can tone them down, but having a choice of maybe red at night and something bright in the day for mobile use is fine.
If it has a good RX in it and depending on the programming features. we will see.
Off sets for 10/FM ?
Memory `s /how many ?
3 year warranty
I have never had a stryker because I have no need for a radio that will not do SSB.
It would be nice to see a radio with a new board and some new features, not the standard ept stuff.....

Jeff

The main thing I'm hoping for out of it, is it to have that Stryker audio, and be good on SSB. I'm liking the display on it, hope that they keep the black knobs since they are so rarely used. I'm curious as to if you can tap a switch in on the face surround knobs like I did on my old 440. Flipped the switch off and the only lights left were the channel display and the meter lights. Sure made it easy driving at night and not so blinding. Either way, I'm anxious to pick one up!a

Reactions: 1 person
saw this over at cbtricks .

Login

[quote author=DTB Radio link=topic=6323.msg91475#msg91475 date=1332332353]
I know this is an old thread, but there is news on this radio. I've been on the phone with Shawn off and on over the past few weeks, and production IS pending. He's just finished writing the owner's manual, and he's shipped me a production prototype to look over. As soon as it actually arrives, I will post photos and opinions. Output is supposed to be in the 80-90 watt range on this model, with a higher-powered version planned.
[/quote]

i wouldn't mention it , except it's DTB that made the post .
was posted march 21st .

Got a E-mail from Shawn yesterday, He said should see the radios out next week.

It looks like we should have them in the next week. Production is done the last delay was just waiting for the box to come back from the printer.

Shawn

Also heard from Dave, at DTB radio yesterday , he has had the Prototype radio for a little while now,

the basics are solid and it shows good performance and stability.

He did note that the frequency Counter is a Display....not a counter.
The Radio is Software programmable, and Shawn said the USB cable will be provided with the radio.

User Manual
http://strykerradios.com/products/sr955hpc/955hpmanual.pdf

Jeff

dave/DTB posted this yesterday at Login

[quote author=DTB Radio link=topic=6323.msg92714#msg92714 date=1333642429]
Had a bit more time to play with this. I'm generally happy with everything so far. Since its a prototype and not the final production version, there are minor software glitches. Shawn already mentioned board layout improvement, and the software will be sorted before production.

The only big problem I have is that the frequency display on the prototype is just a display, not a counter. I've mentioned this issue to Shawn@ Stryker, and this is one of the items that is supposed to be addressed before production.
[/quote]

next week seems like a short time to get the final consumer model squared away , manufactured and shipped over here .
time will tell ....................... but if it's all DTB says it is it will be well worth the wait ........... hopefully a few weeks doesn't turn into years again like it has in the past .

Got a E-mail from Shawn yesterday, He said should see the radios out next week.

Also heard from Dave, at DTB radio yesterday , he has had the Prototype radio for a little while now,

He did note that the frequency Counter is a Display....not a counter.
The Radio is Software programmable, and Shawn said the USB cable will be provided with the radio.

User Manual
http://strykerradios.com/products/sr955hpc/955hpmanual.pdf

Jeff

Damn....Looking at the owners manual, that radio looks a little complicated...

I was reading the manual as well...
Check this out.

TSR: Choose whether to enable the Transmitting SWR Protection
function or not.
ON: When ON is selected, the radio will detect the SWR of your
antenna. Once the SWR is beyond the SWR limit set in advance, the
radio would stop transmitting automatically and the speaker will emit a
voice prompt. Then, “HI S” icon will display on the LCD to remind you
that the antenna SWR is too high.
OFF: When OFF is selected, the SWR Protection function is disabled.
NOTE: To protect the radio from long transmission under high SWR, the
radio would automatically start SWR Protection once the SWR Value is
higher than 20:1.
TDC: Choose whether to enable Voltage Protection function or not.
ON: When ON is selected, the radio will detect the supplied voltage.
Once the voltage surpasses the limit that was set in advance, the radio
would display “DC LO” or “DC HI” to remind you that the voltage is not
in normal state. Meanwhile, the radio will prohibit transmitting and emit a
beep sound.

It also looks like you can select to have the fine clarifier active on RX only, TX only, or both RX and TX....no more "strapping it over"

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.