• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Big 3

frogman296

Aug 18, 2006
NB canada
who are "the big 3" of dx land, the bowl the tracks and such?

personally i would say Prime Minister would be one .. but hey im not sure ..

new to the forum...looks good so far lots of info

Well ,I would really think it would depend on where you were at. Back in my day I ran 26.985 and at the time The #1 Outlaw out of Alabama was the big boy out in my area of So.Cal , The most resent when DX was flowing well were Guys like the Green Machine and others , these were old timers and good guys on the radio as far as I was concerned , class acts you might say. On channel 6 in the 80s in So.Cal you had SuperFly out of Pomona Cal. He's still around but nothing like he once was , he's in his mid 70s now. Nice old guy , first met him when I swaped a Galaxy Base station for one of his old first run cobra 148s in 1997 , I really thought I was something then , He got the better end of the deal by far , but i was a proud owner of a Superfly 148 so to speak. like I said before , I think it just depends on where your at and who tends to be in your receive more so then not from DX land.

50 KW--The Local Boss, invent skip, step on everyone, even the big three

i found this qoute in a thread on this forum.. "how much power is too much power"...

i would think that it meant on the bowl worldwide..

Use to be Capitin Boss in Compton Ca.. I would say then 766 in CA and then Prime .. There are some super stations in GA and Fla.. Golden Arms Fl when he was alive.. Cool Brease in G.A ,All Power also in G.A King Snake Atlanta... Mean Pill in MI.. There are so many way to many to list...

Switch Kit said:
Back in my day I ran 26.985 and at the time The #1 Outlaw out of Alabama was the big boy
That sure is the truth..Channel 3 use to be the local channel I talked on for years.. Ole' Outlaw would come in and cover up the locals on many, many ocassions.. He was a real decent guy that I talked to for years and still one of the better quality stations that ever was.. If I had a Nickel for everytime I heard his name getting called over the years, I could retire for sure :)

321 watergate city said:
Use to be Capitin Boss in Compton Ca.. I would say then 766 in CA and then Prime .. There are some super stations in GA and Fla.. Golden Arms Fl when he was alive.. Cool Brease in G.A ,All Power also in G.A King Snake Atlanta... Mean Pill in MI.. There are so many way to many to list...

1. Prime

2. Crack

3. Mean Pil

depends on where you live & who you hear. in this part of the US, at this time in the cycle, we don't hear much NW corner, or west side at all. no prime in many years(didn't he also use 'big 9' back in the 90's?), never heard '40 mobile'( :mrgreen: ), though i must say (clarence) crack (carter) does have a presence here, even when DX is generally not reaching that far. during the spring/summer seasons, the big boys include mean pill, yellow jacket & big relay in the midwest, 148, steel jacket & huckabuck in the southeast, 187 & painkiller in the northeast. could probably name 50 other stations capable of talking daily on the bowl when the 1 or 2 biggest of the big boys aren't there. have more then a few QSL cards from some big boys of the 70's floating around here.

What I would like to know is what these guys run, or as much as possible without getting waxed:

BASE STATION:
Radio/Mic
Amp (Driver/Final: 4cx250 driving 3x3, etc)
Antenna(s)
Feedline

MOBILE:
I don't really care.

70's? lol your kill'n me ..... East side Lucky Star , All power, Cap Booty Spanker, Mr. Moco .... davegrantsr never heard of you bro.. Do you have any WaterGates to show and prove?

Prime

On the West Coast the REAL big guns that we hear. Are BRASS in the Bayou. REJECT in the Hogyard. When they come out you hear nobody else!

crack carter is a beast on the airwaves here in central OH.....

i will also mention "bodysnatcher"....and 5 double duece back around yr 2000

DRM1983 said:
crack carter is a beast on the airwaves here in central OH.....

i will also mention "bodysnatcher"....and 5 double duece back around yr 2000

are we talk'n about bodysnatcher in the BYU?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.