• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The Big 3

Here in the midwest the biggest stations I have heard in the past 4 or 5 years are King Snake from Atlanta and No Pity from the east coast. I very rarely ever here any one from the NW corner. In the late 1970's the big boys I remember were Black Crab and 123 from California and Rolling Stone from down south. I talk to Texas alot but have never heard Clarence Carter.I do here alot of stations talking to him on 6 and I know he runs a big Prime Minister box.

SuperStar said:
Back in the late 80's and early 90's my older brother was a major bowl player. He went by Brass in the Bayou. He would still be on the bowl if it wasn't for a drunk driver. I still have his station but it will always remain quiet.
I use to talk to Brass alot. He had a voice that you always knew who he was before he ever said it. Sorry to hear about what happened to him. Mike.

fortymobile said:
DRM1983 said:
crack carter is a beast on the airwaves here in central OH.....

i will also mention "bodysnatcher"....and 5 double duece back around yr 2000

are we talk'n about bodysnatcher in the BYU?

yeah.....bodysnatcher built bodysnatcher made.....

he dont always sound the greatest,but he get some serious signal out there....

549 in the razorback is damn loud too.....

frogman296 said:
who are "the big 3" of dx land, the bowl the tracks and such?

personally i would say Prime Minister would be one .. but hey im not sure ..

new to the forum...looks good so far lots of info
I have had the pleasure of reading the mail on Priminister. That clack clack clack sound from the huge relays on his station opening and closing when he keys up is incredible. He was talking with Clarence Carter, and Mean Pill, and there were the other big "Strapers" in the mud trying their best get up in between keys :shock:

Drifter said:
frogman296 said:

I have had the pleasure of reading the mail on Priminister. That clack clack clack sound from the huge relays on his station opening and closing when he keys up is incredible. He was talking with Clarence Carter, and Mean Pill, and there were the other big "Strapers" in the mud trying their best get up in between keys :shock:

LOL that clack clack clack is prerecordered..

321 watergate city said:
Drifter said:
frogman296 said:

It is????

Drifter said:
321 watergate city said:
Drifter said:
frogman296 said:

It is????

Some times you here it sometimes you dont.. If a relay could have been bought that sounded like that there would have been a lot of them sold.. Funny you never here anyone else with one...

321 watergate city said:
Drifter said:
321 watergate city said:
Drifter said:
frogman296 said:

It is????

Some times you here it sometimes you dont.. If a relay could have been bought that sounded like that there would have been a lot of them sold.. Funny you never here anyone else with one...
If it is a simple recording like you say. I think everyone would have a keyup recording like that. Very few people key a 50000 Watt base station, and you would think his equipment is custom made... to key, handle and contain all that power. I saw a pic of his antenna and COAX. The coax diameter is the height of $100 bill. I am not even going to mention the size of his monster Beam. Remember he builds his on line of Linear Amp I would expect him to have equipment that the average DUCK could not dream of. I don't think it is a recording. He also makes mention of his keying relay in his CB rap Bump It Down.

Drifter said:
321 watergate city said:
Drifter said:
321 watergate city said:
Drifter said:
frogman296 said:

It is????

If it is a simple recording like you say. I think everyone would have a keyup recording like that. Very few people key a 50000 Watt base station, and you would think his equipment is custom made... to key, handle and contain all that power. I saw a pic of his antenna and COAX. The coax diameter is the height of $100 bill. I am not even going to mention the size of his monster Beam. Remember he builds his on line of Linear Amp I would expect him to have equipment that the average DUCK could not dream of. I don't think it is a recording. He also makes mention of his keying relay in his CB rap Bump It Down.

Oh well for sure if he mentions it on a rap album its got to be true..lol There are more people that run 50kw base stations than you think... But never the less its all in what you beleive...

i've seen them pic's before....lol i also have pic's of primes Big Box and driver... The man is no joke!!!! i will not post the amp but i can tell ya that Clack Clack is not a tape when we keyed his station....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.