• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The next time you want to ask who is the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will make you guys chuckle, Here's me back in 1997 playing the clubs. I'm a Fender-bender!

I have a 1978 Fender Precision Bass I bought new in 1981 and I also have a 1997 Fender Jazz.

My current amp rig is a rack setup with Ampeg tube preamps and a Ampeg 2500 watt SS amplifier.

Whether RF or audio I love big power!

ME.JPG

This will make you guys chuckle, Here's me back in 1997 playing the clubs. I'm a Fender-bender!

I have a 1978 Fender Precision Bass I bought new in 1981 and I also have a 1997 Fender Jazz.

My current amp rig is a rack setup with Ampeg tube preamps and a Ampeg 2500 watt SS amplifier.

Whether RF or audio I love big power!

View attachment 26891

Hair band!!!! Deth Rok!!! That’s awesome!!

Reactions: 357magnum
Back to Silver Tone my first electric was one , finger eater ... Yes , But I thought my parents got it for me @ Sears & pretty sure they did but that was many years ago .:LOL:

Reactions: Tallman
Back to Silver Tone my first electric was one , finger eater ... Yes , But I thought my parents got it for me @ Sears & pretty sure they did but that was many years ago .:LOL:
Even if you put Flat Wound stings on it it would still eat your fingers. I rebuilt it trying to fix that problem and it still ate fingers. I replaced the nut, lowered the bridge, and set the neck warp. The finger action was still too hard. I had calluses on my finger tips that I could use to drive tacks. I don't know if it just because I didn't like that guitar but after replacing the pick ups I figured I spent enough money on it. I sold it to a beginner and he loved it.

Hair band!!!! Deth Rok!!! That’s awesome!!
LOL! I can see that assumption,

Never considered any band I played in a hair band. I was just blessed with a lot of hair and at 53, I'm fortunate to still have it!

We were more of a progressive metal band with long songs and many instrumental parts and solos. We never wore makeup or wear womens clothes!

I was into bands like Sabbath, Maiden, Priest for the metal stuff, and Rush, Yes, and King Crimson and Kansas for the more prog rock. I love a lot of the modern Jazz and also Classical.

I'm also a Classically trained pianist
but gave it up when I heard Kiss and realized I want to rock!

I never time left for the Hair bands like Poison and others.

You just have to keep playing till your fingers bleed then they'll harden up!

Guitar strings do hurt because the cut right in. Bass strings being much thicker don't cut but cause blisters that do hurt some.

You don't get something for nothing!

Nope, Western Auto.

Tallman,
I am going to have to respectfully disagree.
At Melvin's Western Auto I purchased lawn mowers, plumbing fixtures, spark plugs, hand tools, electric tools, lawn chairs, a BBQ Pit, rods and fishing tackle, motor oil, a set of lawn darts, and pretty much everything else under the sun. But I don't once recall seeing a Silvertone guitar on his wall. My money's on Sears. :whistle:

I have to agree River , my reason ... Not sure but back then I don't think my Dad & Mom had a Western Auto charge card . Sear & Roebuck ( blast from the past ) I know they did they let me use it .;)

Tallman,
I am going to have to respectfully disagree.
At Melvin's Western Auto I purchased lawn mowers, plumbing fixtures, spark plugs, hand tools, electric tools, lawn chairs, a BBQ Pit, rods and fishing tackle, motor oil, a set of lawn darts, and pretty much everything else under the sun. But I don't once recall seeing a Silvertone guitar on his wall. My money's on Sears. :whistle:
I believe you are correct. The Western Auto was also the Sears Catalog Order location in town. The city was less than 10,000 people and we did not even have a Montgomery Wards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.