• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Todd" runs new Ham off 28.425

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moleculo

NO, I do NOT think it is OK to send a OOAN Card to anybody! However, this guy was my MISTAKE and I felt responsible. I had totally FAILED at trying to bring someone into Amateur Radio. I could NOT clean his act up for him because grown men only do what they want to do, so I cleaned my act up instead and I let him know it with the OOAN Card. It was my way of telling him, "if he wanted to hang out with me on Amateur Radio, he would clean his act up." He decided to be a Rebel and go back to his roots. That was three years ago, that is all I have to say about it but I did what I had to do to make the best out of a BAD situation.

These folks have NOT called me out in public. They have just been judging me and calling me names on this forum. Who knows how many others it is going on? I don't know or care but I am here because someone told me it was going on. Someone in the group thought it was wrong! I figured what the heck, I might as well tell my side of the story. Again, just doing what I can to make the best of a BAD situation.

Hopefully, I can settle it on the computer, so it will NOT spill out on the Radio. Now, wouldn't that be NICE!? The way I see is once these guys figure out I don't scare and I do not turn the other cheek because I am a grown man and am going to do things my way, they will tire of it and just give up. They cannot tell me what to do or how to do it. That is my point.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Todd,

You need to take a break, get some fresh air and turn your radio off for a few days.

Once your head clears, come back and read this thread from the beginning. Hopefully, you will see the light and become a productive and positive role model for amateur radio. You have caused many of us to think poorly of 10-10 International.

Why be an obstinate jerk? Your only going to attract negative attention.

It's never too late to change.

Reactions: 6 people
NO, I do NOT think it is OK to send a OOAN Card to anybody! However, this guy was my MISTAKE and I felt responsible. I had totally FAILED at trying to bring someone into Amateur Radio. I could NOT clean his act up for him because grown men only do what they want to do, so I cleaned my act up instead and I let him know it with the OOAN Card. It was my way of telling him, "if he wanted to hang out with me on Amateur Radio, he would clean his act up." He decided to be a Rebel and go back to his roots

It is unethical to use the OO position to compensate for your failure to elmer a new ham on appropriate operating practice. Regardless of how poorly you felt his operating practices were, the fact that you sent him an OOAN card for something that is not illegal demonstrates poor judgement in exercising your "official" duties and a lack of comprehension of the FCC regulations.

Perhaps the reason he decided to abandon amateur radio is because you drove him away by your inept OO actions and your on-air attitude instead of encouraging him and showing him how to love the hobby.

It is unethical to use the OO position to compensate for your failure to elmer a new ham on appropriate operating practice. Regardless of how poorly you felt his operating practices were, the fact that you sent him an OOAN card for something that is not illegal demonstrates poor judgement in exercising your "official" duties and a lack of comprehension of the FCC regulations.

Perhaps the reason he decided to abandon amateur radio is because you drove him away by your inept OO actions and your on-air attitude instead of encouraging him and showing him how to love the hobby.

If Todd sent a guy an OOAN for poor operating practices, isn'that like the pot calling thekettle black?

Reactions: 2 people
I want an OOAN. Hmm what can I do to get one ? Oh, wait I know ! Qso with Todd. Hihi

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1 person
OOAN?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

oonotice.gif

Throughout life I have encountered a number of people that are empowered by what they perceive as authority over others.

If I read between the lines, Todd keeps going back to his rules and his actions over operators.
There is a sense of gloating in his words.

Its all about control and the need to control.

Gloating - To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction

I feel sympathy for him

After reading this and thinking about it for a few days,I have decided that if Todd is what a member at large of the 10-10 club is like...I will pass on ever becoming a 10-10 member

And I was actually was concidering on joining their ranks ...but not any more

From where I stand Todd is not just digging his own grave...he is also digging one for the 10-10 club

Reactions: 2 people
I did not hear you, I would like to collect your 10-10 and VP numbers unless I already have and would like to make a 2012 contact with you anyway.

KEEP Trying...

73 KC4TVZ Todd
if you couldn't copy 25 wpm,:thumbdown: then you haven't earned my 10-10/vp number,....you newbie

Hopefully, I can settle it on the computer, so it will NOT spill out on the Radio.

Todd, It started on the radio.
If you sit and re-read this entire thread, it is clear.
Here is what it looks like, in your own words.

So folks should consider it an honor if I give it to them for a contact.

I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me

I will do things my way because that is exactly how I plan to do them, my way, hi hi.

As far as the New Ham who I ran off 28.425, he needs to get a 10-10 number and come on back to 28.425, I would be happy to collect his brand new 10-10 number.

So come on back 28.425 where everyone is treated the SAME, like a number...hihi.

That is about all the apology he will EVER get from me.

The video some are refering to is a audio recording of me on 28.345

most of the time I am friendly to other friendly hams who have 10-10 numbers

During the QSO they say it, "I do NOT have a 10-10 number but wanted to say hello , anyway." What a total WASTE of my LIFE and their time because they know I am going to respond with immediately ending the QSO just to call "CQ 10-10" again.

I am saying there is no awards for helping newbies...so why do it?

My 2009 New Years Resolution was to stop talking on the CB, just so I could be a ARRL Official Observer to the FCC. Had to clean my act up, so I could send out a OOAN Card to a New Ham who was running Roger Beep and Echo on 10 Meters. It worked! He took his Echo and Roger beep back to CB.

So the OO Program is pretty much a JOKE that is used to SCARE. I only have my OO Certificate posted to my QRZ page to let other NARKS know I am wise to their game.

NO, I do NOT think it is OK to send a OOAN Card to anybody! However, this guy was my MISTAKE and I felt responsible. I had totally FAILED at trying to bring someone into Amateur Radio. I could NOT clean his act up for him because grown men only do what they want to do, so I cleaned my act up instead and I let him know it with the OOAN Card. It was my way of telling him, "if he wanted to hang out with me on Amateur Radio, he would clean his act up." He decided to be a Rebel and go back to his roots. That was three years ago, that is all I have to say about it but I did what I had to do to make the best out of a BAD situation.

These folks have NOT called me out in public. They have just been judging me and calling me names on this forum. Who knows how many others it is going on? I don't know or care but I am here because someone told me it was going on. Someone in the group thought it was wrong! I figured what the heck, I might as well tell my side of the story. Again, just doing what I can to make the best of a BAD situation.

Hopefully, I can settle it on the computer, so it will NOT spill out on the Radio. Now, wouldn't that be NICE!? The way I see is once these guys figure out I don't scare and I do not turn the other cheek because I am a grown man and am going to do things my way, they will tire of it and just give up. They cannot tell me what to do or how to do it. That is my point.

You have been called out in public, this IS the public, and YOU responded in public.

All of this in YOUR own words, and if YOU go back and read it, I do not see how you can think that the conduct you exhibit here on this Public Forum and on-the-air would be considered an example of a good Amateur Radio operator.
If you choose to admit it or not, by applying for, and getting a Ten Ten Number, YOU become a example of the Ten Ten Club, and YOUR behavior reflects back to The Club, and the rest of it`s Members.

In your own words, Publicly, you Admit you ""ran a new Ham off of Ten Meters"" because he did not have a Ten Ten Number.

Do you Really think that is good operating practice?
Do you think that type of conduct will encourage others to Take the Test and Join the Amateur Radio Hobby?
Do you think that is a good example of how a VP Ten Ten Member should Act?
Should Any Ham that had to Learn 5WPM code expect to be placed on a alter and treated better than any other ham that has taken the test and EARNED there Ticket?
If another Ham you talk to on the air had to learn 13WPM should YOU have to Bow down before him?

You have said here, again publicly, that the recording of you on You-tube is indeed YOU.
Now you are complaining to You-tube to have the video removed.
Is It OK for you to operate like this on-the-air ( that the public can hear ) but you want it removed from a public venue like you tube?
It is My opinion that you have very little regard for other hams on Ten Meters, regardless if they are new or old, You feel that they are a waste of your life if they are on the air and do not contribute to your paper-chase, after all that is the only reason you are on Ten Meters, to add to your self-centered obsession of getting more numbers to post on your trophy board.

You Have publicly posted here that the ONLY reason you became an OO was to chastise A New Ham that YOU mentored into the hobby

just so I could be a ARRL Official Observer to the FCC. Had to clean my act up, so I could send out a OOAN Card to a New Ham who was running Roger Beep and Echo on 10 Meters. It worked! He took his Echo and Roger beep back to CB.
Do you really think this is what the OO program is to be used for?

Do you know how Hard other`s work to get more people interested in the Amateur Radio Hobby?
Do you think that your fellow Ten Ten Members feel you represent them in a favorable way?

Your Statement about ""I am saying there is no awards for helping newbies...so why do it?""
Kind of sums up your whole attitude about radio.

Your open disregard toward your fellow Amateurs, and the Basic Principals of Amateur radio itself makes you unfit to hold a license.

I will re-post what Waverider Posted Already, and it seems you have never read.:
THE AMATEURS CODE

by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA (1928)

The Radio Amateur is:

CONSIDERATE..... never knowingly operating in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.

LOYAL..... offering loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.

PROGRESSIVE..... with knowledge abreast of science, a well built and efficient station, and operation beyond reproach.

FRIENDLY..... with slow and patient operation when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, co-operation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.

BALANCED..... Radio is an advocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.

PATRIOTIC..... with station and skill always ready for service to country and community.

Not only is this list the quality's of a good radio operator, they are also quality's of a good person.
Judging by what I have heard of you on-the-air and by your conduct here, It is my opinion you have failed in both departments.

Jeff
KE6LYU
Licensed since 1994, and yes, I had to pass the 5 word per minute code test to.

wavrider,
Been there, done that. Any more would just be a duplication of effort, I'm too lazy. I'm now concentrating on the 'WAT' award! That's the 'Worked All Toasters', and has three divisions, local, national, and international (for those countries that have toasters).
- 'Doc

(As for 'Todd', ignore the twit. You find 'those' kind'a people all over, and he's not even a good example of a bad example.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.