• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram Titan II...Carrier With No Audio?

I use my smartphone to record the audio and a uniden handheld CB radio to pick it up in the other room.

These radios are a task to get extra channels.

Try a old tube GCR/general coverage receiver" with a good quality speaker plugged into the extension.....or a am demodulator.....try recording with a digital video camera...they make good video/audio gates.

You can tune the receive forward a little and pick up ch 28......but u cannot talk...and it makes your tuning dial not accurate.

Try a old tube GCR/general coverage receiver" with a good quality speaker plugged into the extension.....or a am demodulator.....try recording with a digital video camera...they make good video/audio gates.

You can tune the receive forward a little and pick up ch 28......but u cannot talk...and it makes your tuning dial not accurate.

Yeah I know, I can pickup channel 28 better on my browning but I can just barely get it on my titan 2, usually if the station is strong. There hasn't been good enough DX for my likings to play that game, I am just talking to other guys around town right now.

Yeah I know, I can pickup channel 28 better on my browning but I can just barely get it on my titan 2, usually if the station is strong. There hasn't been good enough DX for my likings to play that game, I am just talking to other guys around town right now.

Yeh.....my Browning MK III receiver gets below one and above 40 on HF setting.

BTW, the 300ohm resistor you smoked is right on the relay contacts 3,7,11 so most likely this what a direct result of the relay cleaning and the relay not being in sync.

Here is a pic of my Titan 2 sitting on top of the Davemade 300 amp unregulated power supply (I have two of these, not using the other one at the moment, but together I have ran up to a 32pill with them in the past). The davemade supply fans remove all the heat from the tram and it runs barely warm, its awesome how stable and good it runs. The mic is a stock Tram Titan 2 desk mic with a D104 ceramic cartridge from a G stand custom mounted to front (I basically wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the D104 head and the tram mic and now they hold each other together solid, this was the best aesthetic approach and it worked perfect). This mic is so much easier to use than a bulky D104 G Stand. I like the super easy talk lock on the tram desk mic. I handle the mic very carefully... Oh, BTW, I had to run a ground wire from the mic stand back to the rear of the radio screw, because I was getting RF feedback interference when I would turn on my larger amps, now with the ground clip its clean as a whistle on my output!

View attachment 16834
That amp next to the davemade power supply is a Blackcat JB-150A that I use for a pre-driver/modulator, it takes the 3.5w swinging 12-14 watts pep from titan 2 radio and makes it a 2 watt dead key swinging 25-35 watts talk and about 40-70watts whistle, such a perfect amp for this radio, the tube (8417) barely gets a workout, it runs at about 1/3 its power, runs cool too, this perfectly drives the next amplifiers in line (not in picture) with great commanding modulation, which the Davemade 300 amp power supply is running.....
I have a TramTitan II that I am going to restore, from what I can tell it has not been messed with and is completely original. I assume that I will need to check every component on it. Any information you wish to help me with would be greatly appreciated, especially any of the struggle-bus stuff. Thanks-

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.