• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wanted to Buy

timlake

Sep 23, 2011
I am looking for a am,ssb, and weather band mobile cb radio. I know that no new unit currently on the market has those features, so I'll be looking for a used unit like the Ranger tr-969wx or preferable the Midland 79-290. I would accept other brands as well, but currently those two are my favorites. The unit has to be FULLY operational. I can be contacted at timlake@suddenlink.net.

Thanks all!

I just joined up here and was actually looking for info on this radio and since I have 4 of these still in the box I could use to lighten the load. I think they are the export model since I installed one in my car and I can access other Freq's but you would probably know more of that. If you are still looking for one let me know and maybe we can deal.
J

I just joined up here and was actually looking for info on this radio and since I have 4 of these still in the box I could use to lighten the load. I think they are the export model since I installed one in my car and I can access other Freq's but you would probably know more of that. If you are still looking for one let me know and maybe we can deal.
J

Looking for info on what radio? Oh right!... you are looking for info on the radio you own four of that are still in the box and one installed in your car. We get it.

You sound a little too much like someone who signed up here to do a little scamming. :angry:

J

Export with AM, SSB, and WX? Four NIB? Those would be hard to find. Pictures would be nice to see. Some may be quite interested. What kind are they?

It is my understanding the "export CB radios" were designed for the European market. It is also my understanding that Europe does not use the 162 Mhz. VHF band for weather broadcasts. With this in mind it seems unusual that a export CB radio would contain the VHF weather band too. Can you give us a model number?

It is my understanding the "export CB radios" were designed for the European market. It is also my understanding that Europe does not use the 162 Mhz. VHF band for weather broadcasts. With this in mind it seems unusual that a export CB radio would contain the VHF weather band too. Can you give us a model number?

I don't know about elsewhere in Europe, but here in western Scotland weather broadcasts are pointless, we already know its going to rain,snow or hail, or most commonly all at the same time. I don't think buying a radio here that continually reminds you how shit the weather is would be a major selling point, a bit like fitting usb sockets and mp3 players to radios, pointless.

Looking for info on what radio? Oh right!... you are looking for info on the radio you own four of that are still in the box and one installed in your car. We get it.

You sound a little too much like someone who signed up here to do a little scamming. :angry:

No not scamming or trying to scam. I do have one installed in my car! however I have yet to use it do to some serious noise coming from the fuel pump "Ford". I have built the choke but not to inclined to crawl under for some snip snip until my schedule slows downs a bit.

Export with AM, SSB, and WX? Four NIB? Those would be hard to find. Pictures would be nice to see. Some may be quite interested. What kind are they?

I must iterate that I don't claim to know anything about radios....hell the last time I messed with radios was when I was a teen back in the eighties....That being said the only thing I know about these radios is what I could search up on the net. her is a Picture as requested.

Also I included my laptop to ward any would be skeptics :laugh:

Attachments

• DSC04848 55.JPG
    DSC04848 55.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 9
Here is it's rear end.

I have attached a picture of the rear for your informational pleasure. Hope this helps.

Info on sticker
Mode: 79-290
FCC ID: MMA79290

Attachments

• mid rear.JPG
    mid rear.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 32
40 chanel AM SSB weather Detachable face plate was out a few years ago and not a big hit, check Amazon.com the have pics and a few reviews for what its worth.
Be careful buying from any-one you don't know.

Hey Midland, that's a 40 channel radio. Not 120 channels.

A lot of FCC type accepted SSB radios claimed 120 channels ( we all know better) just so they sounded like you get more frequency coverage.
have yet to use it do to some serious noise coming from the fuel pump "Ford".

I had one of the 290`s when they first came out, and i turned around and let it go because the RX really suffered from adjacent channel bleed-over and a less than stellar NB.
At the time I was living down in the valley not far from Hwy 99 that runs up and down CA and the splatter from traffic often wiped out the front end of the radio.
It was a bummer because the radio was not bad looking, i liked the detachable face, and it was easy to make the radio work up on Ten.
If Midland had solved the RX issue and re-worked the plastic tabs ( known for breaking) that held the face on the radio, it would have been a good rig.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.