• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wanted to Buy

I agree you should be very cautious about buying from someone you don’t know or at minimum physically see the device.

I just went through a very painful transaction with a very unique individual, and came out on the short end in to put it nicely.

No not scamming or trying to scam. I do have one installed in my car! however I have yet to use it do to some serious noise coming from the fuel pump "Ford". I have built the choke but not to inclined to crawl under for some snip snip until my schedule slows downs a bit.

My apologies for assuming you were up to no good. :blushing:

Sometimes it helps if you post an intro first and then start selling radios and asking questions. Welcome to the forum.

Here is a pic of the side of the box.

Yes, it is , to say the least, misleading.
You get 40 channels, and on the same 40 channels you can use both Upper sideband mode and Lower sideband mode as well as AM.
The way it is worded on the box, it tends to make you think you are getting 3 "bands" of channels.
Kind of like some of the real exports that claimed thousands of channels....
( 6 bands X 40 channels X 5 modes of operation = 1200 channels )
Anyway, it is still a 40 channel U.S. FCC type accepted CB radio, not an "export".

Jeff

Modifications are available for the 79-290 to cover 25.615-29.700 MHz and export versions include FM.

My apologies for assuming you were up to no good. :blushing:

Sometimes it helps if you post an intro first and then start selling radios and asking questions. Welcome to the forum.

No worries, I have fell target of a 2 scams over the years on the net one being very recent....:censored: Of course this is not exluding the may emails about all of this money I have in foreign account LOL!

I actually am not trying to seell these unless someone really wants one, I actually was thinking of installing them in each vehicle but until I have resolved the major fuel pump noise on the first install I opted to have only one mess and not 4....So far I have tried using an active power filter/ Bonding the fram and now the last will be to install my home made chokes....if nothing works I can always choke myself with them or use them as fancy targets <can not stand it>

None the less I getcha on the intial....

Modifications are available for the 79-290 to cover 25.615-29.700 MHz and export versions include FM.

are they idiot proof (me) lol!! I do get the FM when holding 2 buttins when I power it on.

I guess it looks cool in my car....So joking LOL

No worries, I have fell target of a 2 scams over the years on the net one being very recent....:censored: Of course this is not exluding the may emails about all of this money I have in foreign account LOL!

I actually am not trying to seell these unless someone really wants one, I actually was thinking of installing them in each vehicle but until I have resolved the major fuel pump noise on the first install I opted to have only one mess and not 4....So far I have tried using an active power filter/ Bonding the fram and now the last will be to install my home made chokes....if nothing works I can always choke myself with them or use them as fancy targets <can not stand it>

None the less I getcha on the intial....

Usually all that is needed to cure the infamous Ford fuel pump noise is a capacitor, ceramic disc type will do, across the pump power wires as close to the tank as possible.Be careful not to install it across the sender wire,just the power wires. Usually something in the order of 0.01 to 0.1 uF will do. Keep all leads as short as possible. I have solved many Ford noise problems this way. Usually a noise level of S-9 ++ will be reduced to less than S-2 with a simple capacitor which is much easier to install than a bulky choke.

Reactions: 1 person
And now you know why I signed up for this site....solid knowledge that I can use....Thank you

HAHA I was scamming for knowledge....

I would E-Bay them, new in the box they should sell well, and you could turn the money around and get one of the new Uniden SSB radios that would fill your requirement for a SSB radio that has WX band with coins left over.

Jeff

I would E-Bay them, new in the box they should sell well, and you could turn the money around and get one of the new Uniden SSB radios that would fill your requirement for a SSB radio that has WX band with coins left over.

Jeff

Very true, but I am a little gun shy on that. you may laugh but I did that recently and then the purchaser got all pissed off when I informed them that I would not ship interantionally....and then pulled all kinds of crazy time stuff with eBay and PayPal....I tried to refund the cash as and they (the buyer) would not allow me too....Amazing....So I was forced to send it anyway and then they tried to pull some scam and try to tire me out so that I would just put my hands up and say screw it keep it and refund them the cash....but one late night I decided to do a little digging talking with other ebayers I found that this is the MO of the buyer and apparently very successful at it....i fianally received the radio back and wound up loosing a 100+ on shipping and customs fees....A very bitter tast for me....

But who knows I may just try and sell them as a lot and be done with it....I do like the look and sound of all the features the radio you suggested have....

OR LOL I have my grandpa's old Layfayette 23 chan rig and its accompanying "Tube Boom box" circa 1968 that I could just use. haha!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.