• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

10m was a complete bust today.
Not so much as a peep each time I scanned it.
Some weak US stations; but no DX that was able to work . . .

11m was also a bust.

The Saskatoon moron/jammer was bored today on .555 with no one to disrupt.
He was real weak - too.

Cluster.dk had a report from Ireland that heard/SWL'd my station.
Heard Luc/14 division in a QSO @ 5/9; but I didn't want to break in.
Also talked to Jason 143SD107 on St. Lucia Island again @ 5/8.
That was it.

If it wasn't for the 145SD/0 station on the Galapagos Islands, I'd have no new DX at all today. But that call is yet to be confirmed; the QSB/static was bad enough to be sure that he logged me. I heard him repeat my call sign when he was @ 5/7 for just a moment or two; but then I was unable to give him a signal report as he faded once again. Wasn't much of a report; 3/4 to 5/7 with heavy QSB and heavy static. Just have to wait and see his log to be sure.

Glad to get what I did today.

145SD/0 will only be active for a day or two.
He is working a split freq; tune for .600 receive/.610 transmit.

Hopefully, conditions will be better tomorrow. Very windy in CA today; had to re-tie my guy ropes after some 50+mph gusts made them loose. Static level was a solid S-8 ALL DAY LONG - EVEN NOW. It was no different when I drove a couple of miles to the post office with the radio on to send out some QSL cards.

PIC: Special Activation 145SD/0

Attachments

• 145sd0.jpg
    145sd0.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
The Saskatoon moron/jammer was bored today on .555 with no one to disrupt .... 145SD/0 station on the Galapagos Islands,... tune for .600 receive/.610 transmit.
Fortunately for me, Saskatoon is a dead zone that I never hear, too close for skip and too far for ground wave. If he was close enough, I would kick his a#s.

Unfortunately, there are others readily willing to pick up the slack. Lets see ... there was the whistler, the karaoke singer and the a-hole learning CW. They must be from the US. :rolleyes: I just walk away from the radio in disgust.

Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and catch 145. Thanks for the split info.

South Texas DX today

This morning was all the quality time I was able to get.....worked putting up a Christmas Tree and doing some decorations for the season and made a couple calls this afternoon was all....By the way Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season to All the folks here. this ongoing Dx log is great. Good info

Have a couple QSO's to report
Netherlands was 5-9 early heard several stations from 19. Ed 19WW152 was the only contact I made....he has a very strong mobile we qso'd for 10 minutes or so. later WR001 Robby at 5-9

Slovenia 327KL137 5-7 signal with great audio!....kenwood 480 running 40 watts....one of the best sounding stations i've talked with.

Slovack Republic 330AT112 weak but very readable 5-3
Recd a return from Barbados but noise was bad we had to give up....till we meet again!

SWL'D a couple stations calling Japan, one was from the Bahamas and one station calling French Polynesia but could not hear the other end.

Seems to me conditions are changing away from Europe earlier....many more Central and South American stations along with Canada being heard earlier than last week and with huge 20 over 9 signals.

SWL'd 10mtrs..... a few QSO's but nothing special. 73's

10m was a complete bust today.
Not so much as a peep each time I scanned it.
Some weak US stations; but no DX that was able to work . . .

11m was also a bust.

much like E skip, F layer has some seasonal dimension to it as well. sept-nov being a peak, easing a bit til later in the winter. on the other hand, dec-jan is the secondary E skip season, meaning fire up the 6 meter gear! have been hearing GA, FL, AL later at nite on 27.025, and also made a half dozen '4' contacts from 2-land on 10m a couple nites ago.....and i mean LATE nite, like 2330-midnite local time.

Got out of work a Hr early... and on the way home heard the call

145SD/0 5x5

GOT HIM out of the mobile when I tryed like heck last nite from the base...

Attachments

• 145sd0.jpg
    145sd0.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 268
Well, 10m came back today. But not in the morning and not Europe. South America came in quite well, and so did the Pacific region. Got Uruguay for the first time to add to the countries worked. Japan, Russia, and China I have worked before and they were coming in quite strong today.

11m was OK.
Hehe . . .

108AT030 Ian 5/8 Scotland

41AU/SC133 Sean 5/9 New Zealand

145SD/0 Ricardo 5/9 Galapagos Islands/Ecuador

143/14AT340 Marc 5/9 Isle of Martinique/France

That's right. I got Ricardo on the Galapagos Islands. Loud and clear. At times he was coming in at 20 S-units. Confirmed. Now I will need to send him a QSL card as well as to a few others too.

The New Zealand contact came as a extra surprise. Not as though I haven't talked to NZ several times before. But this was a special event station. So much the better.

Static was pretty bad today once again; but not as much as yesterday.
It was S-5 and not S-8.

Ok got home and into the shack (garage) I went turned radio on and the typical 10 div and 3 div was on....
Then came in 17AU5936 Nan he was 9x9 20 over located 2 miles from Pearl Harbor a good QSO..
Tryed to talk to 3SAB005 Eduardo but the language barrier did not allow it.

Flipping thru the dial I caught 43ET143 Talking to 201ET001 tryed to QSK but a mobile state side beat me:eek:

Then the call of the nite.........

302SD202 Stan very hard to understand but got him (y)

Called it the nite after that one

Better conditions today, didn't have to listen to some of the usual idiots here in North America. Why are the nutjobs based here? I don't hear any jack-a#sses from Japan. I don't hear any hillbilly's from the UK. I don't hear any Mexicans singing and whistling and yippy-kye-yaying! Just friggin' this continent.

Heard Robb out there early this afternoon talking I think with a station in Chicago. I tried to QSK but Robb is so quick to transmit I could never get my QSK wedged in! ... and then he quickly took off.

Here's what I got today;

145SD/0 SANTA CRUZ ISLAND - GALAPAGOS, no split
25e40 Sam in Japan, east of Osaka
43sn102 Wayne, by Adelaide, Australia
20sd110 Kare in Levanger, Norway. Captured a brief YouTube for me while I was talking to 43sn102 ...

watch

20SD110,Levanger,Norway%28small%29.jpg

Last edited:
Dx report from South Texas

Conditions 800am local were good....low noise we had some rain so the electical noise was down....must have cleaned some of the salt off the transformers and connections....many calls heard but the band was just crowded...contacts made into....
Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Canada, England, Netherland all with multiple stations.
Canary Islands, and it was mobile to mobile !! cool! and 1st contact for that area.

SWL'd a great QSO Willis in North Ireland 68DT120 talking with 201AT101 French Polynesia Tahiti both were booming 5-7 signals. both sounded like locals....
called a couple times thru the day for the special event station on 27.600-610it was a giant pile up every time I tuned by....noted some of you guys made it.. GREAT!
Later in the afternoon heard calls from japan and the philippines but just to weak to QSO, I NEED MORE METAL IN THE AIR.?? :D I may get a 102 whip jjust to see if it would be better than the wilson 1000....It might add some contacts? 73's from south Texas

I NEED MORE METAL IN THE AIR.?? :D I may get a 102 whip jjust to see if it would be better than the wilson 1000....It might add some contacts? 73's from south Texas

ghutch keep in mind that ALL mobile antennas are compared to the whip...

If i would keep my vehicles more than 3-6 months at a time it would have a whip mounted right smack dab in the middle of the roof. hard to sell a car/truck with a hole in the roof, Not many radio operators any more that wouldnt care..

PS. keeping my eyes open for a 4 magnet mag mount so I can run a whip again.... Has to be CHEAP because I am hehe... I run a OLD Valor base load with like a 36 inch whip on a mag mount now and it works good

Forgot to mention that I got a Russian operator talking from the Azores ('EA8..') on 10m.

CORRECTION: "...Russian operator talking from the Canary Islands..."

KM:
The 'Ki Yi Yippee' dude sounds like a "sky high hippy" dude; perhaps drinking?
He is a pest for sure; but the 'cartoon from Saskatoon' is the guy who sings the most from what I hear.
Sorry about missing that QSO with you earlier today. Had to take a squirt. It happens.

Here are the QSL cards I got from Japan/Mr. Sam/25E40 a few days ago:

Attachments

• 25E40 -1.jpg
    25E40 -1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 302
  • 25E40 -2.jpg
    25E40 -2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 25E40 -2B.jpg
    25E40 -2B.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Well nothing for me today for say...

Heard 153 div but gone in a heart beat

Then 155 div was good and clear went to his QSY channel and some SD state side got over top of me :mad: It sux living ina hole sometimes..

Did get a quick hello to 302SD202 Stan to much QSB and QRM on his end to have a QSO

Going to the HIGH country tomarrow over 2 feet of snow fell today and last night will be DX'n from 5500 ft that should stir up something

I did some. I took it easy today - again.

10m was OK.

11m was too.

No new contacts.

But the 'Solar Flux Units' (SFU's) are rising up once again. Up to 157 today from 133 four days ago. When it gets to ~200, it will get really interesting. The best we have see this year so far has been ~180 SFU's. I understand that the last solar cycle saw this number up to ~220.

Last edited:
The European skip was quick and fast today.
falling faster then what it has been..

16WW601 Frank

108AT041 Grant

374LA125 Albert

29LL105 Michael

14AP001 Nicholas

136/14AT340 Marc for a another hello how you do

158NT277 Narvin for a good QSO

Got that DXman Larry on the back side of his beam today.. So we jaw jacked a bit Thnx for the QSO Larry

Also a early talk to that Frozen Klondike Mike about 9:30 this morning, When I heard him come in I kind of knew it was going to be a quiet day..

As far as the sasquatchtoon there was only bits and pieces of it midday (y)

Never did make it up the mountian in the mobile plans changed :mad:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.