• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

11m meter was fairly active today.
Thanks Larry and Robin for the heads up for Division 128/British Virgin Islands.
The info was correct for 27.620mHz for Carlos.

Had a short QSO with Mr. Clean, a WWRF member and he was coming in @ 5/9.

Also got a QSL card from Japan - an 11m contact.
Will have those pictures posted up here in a couple of hours . . .

29DG007 Des 5/9 Ireland

108AT030 Ian 5/9 Scotland

68DT120 Willis 5/8 N.Ireland

14SD223 Luc 5/9 France

30CI12 Pedro 5/7 Spain

347LA125 Albert 5/9 Curacao Island/Netherlands

128SD/DX Carlos 5/7 British Virgin Islands/England

10m today was a flop. Very little activity from here on the West Coast. Your mileage may vary. I am hopeful that I can still get something out of the Pacific region in the next hour or so.

MAP: Curacao Island

Attachments

• caribbean-map.gif
    caribbean-map.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Robb,
Did you get 347LA125 Albert in his mobile? he has a very good mobile unit got to me at a 5x6 as he was driving around.....

He must have been parked, because he sounded like a base station to me. Told him I would send him a QSL card if he will send me one.

EDIT:
10m scored! Just got western Malaysia again. Muar, Malaysia. A 5/8 contact at that with little QSB and QRN.
Also some stations in Japan.

Map: Malaysia

Attachments

• M_map_p1.gif
    M_map_p1.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
not much here in texas today.....27.555 was covered up with stations having QSO's in canada (these guys were working to block the freq) and some idiot blocking the calls with 5 minute self serving QSO's....some stations started talking to him and it was all over!! it was locked down! he loved it! folks like that are just looking for anyone to argue with....that is what they want.... an arguement just to control the situation.
darn shame but it gave my some time to run a couple extra bonding straps from the exhaust to the frame on my truck. working on reducing the noise level and helping the ground plane....it is a ticker to hear a station at the noise level up not be able to understand or just understand a portion of the call....these are to rare ones sometimes! every DB is vital at my station. small ears (wilson 1000) and no height (6ft) make DX challange I need all the help I can get. These bonding straps sure help at times! added 12 so far.

Anyway todays contacts were Ireland, Scotland, Portugal, Bahamas, Brazil. Copied some Argentina(south america was all over the band, many stations folks think are mexico are from central and south A.), and a late this afternoon copied some Australia and 1 Japan! station. Japan was at the noise level i did not try but did hear some of his QSO with a west coast station.
73's from south texas (y)

.....27.555 was covered up with stations having QSO's in canada (these guys were working to block the freq) and some idiot blocking the calls with 5 minute self serving QSO's....some stations started talking to him and it was all over!! it was locked down! he loved it! folks like that are just looking for anyone to argue with....that is what they want.... an arguement just to control the situation.

during the last cycle, my work schedule didn't allow for any daytime dxing. now, i have days when i'm mobile for extended periods. i float back to 11m & above & run into a few old friends & many new ones......back in the last 2 cycles, 90% of the issues was just plain NOISE, and ops that don't understand to wait for their turn. today, the morons that are out there just to make noise & prevent others from talking is amazing. lately, after 15 minutes in the 27.5's, i found myself saying adios & heading to 10m. every single day there seems to be more & more noisemakers. started with the gal in trinidad texas singing all the time on 385, now it's almost continuous hooligans from 27.355 up to 27.750. i've logged over 800 11m/up DX contacts from the mobile since late august, and the last 2 weeks i haven't spent more then 15 minutes there before i have to move. i just don't have the time or patience to deal with the crap anymore. on 10m, i've logged over 700 from the mobile during the same time, and probably run into less then 10 'problem ops'. heck, on 10m, mobile i've logged all 50 states and confirmed 46, along with 135 dxcc entities & confirmed over 60. in 3 months!!!!
don't know why i punish myself keying up on 11m......oh yeah, it's the old friends that won't get their ticket.

Many of the 'morons' think they are getting their way and not allowing contacts. Hardly the case. Perhaps from a mobile it is worse. I still get out and make my call - along with others that do the same - and then move immediately to another freq. Still make the connections despite their best efforts:

14DX181 Marc 5/8 France

14AT375 Albin 5/4 France

1IR124 Ilia 5/8 Italy

30unit44 Francisco 5/9 Spain

32SD011 Javier 5/9 Chiloe Isl/Chile

On 10m I got Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, England, and Italy. Swinging the beam farther S now and see if any Africa pops up. Will update this afternoon.

Last edited:
Many of the 'morons' think they are getting their way and not allowing contacts. Hardly the case. Perhaps from a mobile it is worse. I still get out and make my call - along with others that do the same - and then move immediately to another freq. Still make the connections despite their best efforts:

a lot of times, the morons have the strongest signals, making it tough from the mobile. i can usually restrain myself from arguing with them.....i just go to 10. sometimes i'll hang in there & at least acknowledge who i can hear through them.

also spoke to 32sd011 this afternoon, as well as wr419, and 223 mobile anchorage ak from the mobile. somebody on maui & possibly 52 in honolulu......but the interlopers were doing their thing from texas-10 meter time!

LOL KM!
I'm glad with whatever skip I get - even NJ!

Just talked to ghutch for about 10 minutes from Texas. Conditions faded on us after that time.

Forgot to mention that I got a Russian operator talking from the Azores ('EA8..') on 10m.

Also:
143SD107 Jason 5/5 St. Lucia Island

136/14AT340 Marc 5/8 Martinique Isl/France

Map/Picture: St Lucia Island

Attachments

• Saint-Lucia-Island1.jpg
    Saint-Lucia-Island1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 221
  • St-Lucia.jpg
    St-Lucia.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 220
LMAO Robin way to go....

Driving a new mobile now and put a different radio in...LOTS of Alternator whine need to get a thingy for it.. But did manage 2 contacts today err nite

2SP1919 for a radio ck

43SS97 Syd

I know radio works good on AM (chicken channel) radio ck.s

That was first SSB contact thru the 5 s units of whine GRRR my chevy doesnt do that, Leave it to a FORD and there better ideas...

And yes davegrantsr the 555 freq is getting bad for trying to make contacts, just have to be patient and work thru it.. When I can get on my days off.. I work it early morning till about I say 10:30 thats when they (the jammers errr rude people) start to really come in... Then I come back about 2 or so and start to listen again .. Or I will call out and then QSY freq hopefully other stations heard call and followed... I make my call Unique to attract attention and it normally works...

Another way is to have a QSO with some other local or like what I do with my Bud in Ill is have a QSO on a freq (besides the call channel)and other DX stations some how find you and give a QSK to see where you are at.. Yes there are a few considerate stations out there...That works very well for us most times.. Then the DX station can get both sides of the states in one QSO. Now that only works if the conditions perrmit and last 2 weeks it hasnt held in for a day long QSO with him...

Whisky delta-40 auto noise is a pain for sure!!!!! i wonder how many DX contacts are lost due to noise levels....Noticed the same problem after my mobile install last year....had about 6 s units of auto noise!!! ? Check out the mobile install website of K0BG.COM.... THE BEST MOBILE INSTALL SITE I HAVE FOUND....The guy is a wizard on mobile installs a the site is directed to mobile installations. After a couple emails to this gentleman i added 4 bonding straps from the cab to the frame on my toyota truck and dropped the noise level 3 s units!! all for 3 ft of wire and few bolts and elbow grease. i use a mag mount antenna(no mechanical connection to cab & plan to go to a 102 whip) so my cab body must be really bonded to the frame or my noise is BAD. Just added a couple more now have a total of 12 or so straps and plan to add more....i've thus far 4 cab to frame, 4 exhaust to frame, hood to frame both at both hinges, hood to firewall and couple bed of pickup to frame....plan to strap doors to cab next...sounds crazy but during the first few straps it seemed i could hear the nosie level drop right after i added the straps...not just static but all noise....it may be that as i added straps the signal levels increased to a point i could hear more?? not sure but anyway it works!! slight injector noise is all i hear now and it is in the background noise....now on a quite morning when static is not the issue my noise is less than 1 s units now....but i want it all gone! (y) 73 my call is 333

todays south texas DX

couple France stations, heard a Malta was not able to contact, Portugal, england, northeast us and canada.

Australia special event station 43AUSC001 (the SC is for Santa Claus) his real name must be Dave and not Santa as that was the peersonal he gave me??:confused: The station operating from a 35 ft vertical near the great barrier reef. that was a cool contact !! 100% QSL off the AU club website....i talked to santa claus!! can't believe my mobile is 5-7 at the great barrier reef....40 watts or so ?? amazing stuff. i would like sometime to use 1-2 watts all day just to see what DX a guy might work....bet it would be cool.

NOW THE BEST>>>>best for last...my very last call tonite and contact the evening....super strong station out of california....ROBB :D s9 until the prop just fell out....it was completely dark here ....i was just listening to see if japan or ?? something interesting might pop up ....changed to .555 and heard the call. enjoyed the qso robb....will do it again. 73's all

14DX181 Marc 5/8 France

ROBB, I was in the shack working on some equipment, I was listening in on freeband and I thought I copied your call with Marc, if so you got some great sounding audio, I was on the IMAX2000 and both you and Marc sounded good.

Solar cycle's are great.

Almost seems the conditions are getting a bit worst? Or is it my imaginarium?

Was out in the mobile this morning got a few state side stations and then 14DX181 Marc, had a 10 mile QSO before i dropped into the hole..

Base wasnt much better pretty quiet..

14DX181 Marc again on the base

136/14AT340 Marc

266AU001 Andrew, That was a treat

then talked to 9SD001 Al for a good while

AFter that was pretty quiet Xcept for the Morons that wanted to carry on conversations on the call channel :sad:

Up a band was pretty noisy though to bad cant talk there yet....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.