• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What would a period correct cb from 1970-1975 era?

70cst

Dec 4, 2009
I am close to finishing a two year restoration on a 1970 Chevy C10 1/2 ton truck. I would like to know what would be an era correct cb for that time period and which would be the quality radio to look for?

Cobra 29's go back to early mid 70's. A 29 Classic LTD would be nice and they usually peak out to around 6 watts swing to 18-20. Good talkers.

Dozens of other radios. Stay away from the old Radio Shack Realisitics.

Browning's, Tram's, ect.....

Lot's of cheap junky radios. May as well pick a good one.

Good luck

Cobra 29's go back to early mid 70's. A 29 Classic LTD would be nice and they usually peak out to around 6 watts swing to 18-20. Good talkers.

Dozens of other radios. Stay away from the old Radio Shack Realisitics.

Browning's, Tram's, ect.....

Lot's of cheap junky radios. May as well pick a good one.

Good luck

Thanks Wire Weasel...I hear you saying the Cobra are good radios and I am now watching a 29x on ebay that I am about to bid on.
I think I heay you saying to stay away from Brownings and Trams also...or are you saying these are quality radios. I agree I want to buy a quality radio that I can put in my old truck and be able to use it.

browning and trams from the period are good, just stay away from the radio shack brand, i think is what he's saying. the old tram diamond 60's with SSB were nice, but i'm not sure if they were from the early 70's or later 70's. they obviously were made before 1977 but not sure about the year of their manufacture.

browning and trams from the period are good, just stay away from the radio shack brand, i think is what he's saying. the old tram diamond 60's with SSB were nice, but i'm not sure if they were from the early 70's or later 70's. they obviously were made before 1977 but not sure about the year of their manufacture.

Big 10-4

Browning, Tram = Good

Old Radio Shack's = Cheap junk

If I had to choose a radio to represent that time it would have to be a Midland, they were probably a good part of why CB was, what it was... Midland 13-888 was quite a radio back in the day, or if you want something a bit smaller the 13-882C, both would be period correct, both are good performers if your actually going to use it. Cobra is also a good choice, 29 as was already mentioned...

Just with movies like Convoy, and hot ladies in Short-Shorts, Midland led the field in advertising.... LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.