• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What would a period correct cb from 1970-1975 era?

Right Radio

Johnson Messenger III. Or if you can find one, one of the GM labeled Cb's. I have several Ford labeled CB's. One is a six channel made by Lafayette, the other two are made by Motorola. The Messenger III is a 12 channel.

This is a 1970 year radio and is not junk, I remember me father using one in his new 1970 C-10 Chevrolet Pickup and they're readily available of egay.

Update ...
I have a Tram Diamond 60 in very good shape and a mid 70's Cobra 29 (mint & untouched). Of these two does one outshine the other? Thanks

Oh yes....my truck is home.
YellowSpringsTruckMeetand70cst8-10133.jpg
[/IMG]

Update...
I am down to three radios that I own: Tram Diamond 60 (very nice), Cobra 29A (NOS), and Browning Sabre (mint). I also have an 125 old Gray Amp (toggle switch verson) that I may hook up.

As mentioned before I appreciate all your ideas. The radio is to be more than a pretty face as I will use it when on the road going to meets. Next will be an antenna. Some has suggested a whip. As long as I can mount it as not to damage paint I will be good to go. Thanks again! (y)

HI i like these radios
lafayette HB-625 more bling or a HB-525
midland 13-882 or the 40 channel 77-882
johnson 123 it is simple but work great takes a licken and keeps on ticken
lol
if you wanted an amp a palomar tx 50 would look real nice and it small i have 2 of them

Well back in 1972 i was using a realistic navaho TRC-23A..
Mind you it was a huge mobile radio (more suited for a base rig) and it only had 23 channels..
But it certainly worked great ( that nearly 40 yrs ago !! )

So says.. KHD-4303

great looking truck......

since youre squared away on radios I would suggest a 102" S.S. whip from radio shack mounted on a ball mount on your rear bumper or on top of one of the bed rails right behind the cab.......

VERY "period" correct and will do you justice in "useability"

great looking truck......

since youre squared away on radios I would suggest a 102" S.S. whip from radio shack mounted on a ball mount on your rear bumper or on top of one of the bed rails right behind the cab.......

VERY "period" correct and will do you justice in "useability"

Thanks for the info...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.