• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHERE ARE ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS ??

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
I've been a member of the WWDX Forum for the past 4+ years. I'm on the air almost everyday out of Colombia South America on 38LSB. I've had contacts with forum members ROBB, MARCONI, DxMAN, SHARPSHOOTER 205, MR. CLEAN, GAMEGETTER, AUDIOSHOCKWAVE, and several others whose call signs I cant remember right now. There are many forum members ( mackmobile, pro151, GLR, Wireweasel, BEETLE, BootyMonster, etc.) who NEVER really operate on-the Air ( at least I've never heard them.)

So ... come on forum members, show me what you got !!

I'll be on 38LSB from 8 am EST until 4pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (April 20 -22.) Give me a call ... IF you can. OR ... give me a channel / mode (am/ssb) / time and I will be there.

Last edited:

I don't get on SSB much at all, mainly on 19 to assist drivers with local information and sometimes 10, 26, 35 & 38 talking local.

I pretty much gave up on LD contact years ago when it changed from making a contact with someone new and then having a conversation to making a contact and then going on to the next person for a different contact.

I just got down and am back on the side now. BREAK! :blink::D

I don't get on SSB much at all, mainly on 19 to assist drivers with local information and sometimes 10, 26, 35 & 38 talking local.

I pretty much gave up on LD contact years ago when it changed from making a contact with someone new and then having a conversation to making a contact and then going on to the next person for a different contact.

I just got down and am back on the side now. BREAK! :blink::D

You should try channel 6

JJ - I heard you several times yesterday, but you were busy talking to everyone in the southern states, you just didn't have time for me.....lol..

Reactions: 1 person
We've talked before JJ, and I've heard you lately, but as DXman said, you're preoccuied with other parts of the country that Mama Nature is delivering to you in better shape.
We'll do it again.
I pretty much gave up on AM when all there is to do is give truck drivers directions and folks want to have long conversations that prevent me from making contacts to long distance places . . .
Just kidding ;)

Reactions: 1 person
As soon as JJ keys up, he gets a lot of responses and it is difficult to get back to him.

But I also listen/talk on other HF freqs as well, and on the Winsystem with the new Baofeng HT. It is a blast! Yemen, Israel, England, Australia, Japan, and many others. All with just one watt and the local reflector/repeater and a 17" HT antenna. Will never take the place of real wire-to-wire DXing though; but it is fun.

Hearing FL and the Isle of Martinique right now JJ; it won't be long before I be hearing ya!

Last edited:
Conditions are coming soon I hope,,, my dx has been difficult lately with local weather events. I've been trying all week on 38 lsb but I've had a little better luck on 10 meters. I did have a contact on 38lsb into Vancouver day before.
Hope all is going good your way 399, it's been a long winter here in the midwest and hopefully the sun will bring back conditions. I am monitoring 10&11 meters every day.

I will admit I haven't been on much lately due to a MAJOR rebuild of my bike. :cry: I had a malfunction with a power commander and burned a hole through a piston so I am boring and sleeving it from a 997 cc to a 1082 cc. :DConditions here seemed quite about a week ago.

Today on my lunch/breakfast break (9:00 AM) I sat down in front of the radio, turned up the volume, and 2WR399_JJ rolled into my receive loud and clear. Tiny bits of QSB nibbled at the receive, but he was 5 x 9 or better. Naturally I proposed a call mentally, and with a shrug keyed the mic for World Radio 399 JJ. Nothing sweeter has graced my receive than an immediate return of call and a conversation with Gentleman JJ in Colombia.
It's been a drought for conditions here for a month now, and this proof of the capabilities of the .64 GP homebrew was so welcome it may become the contact of the month in Homer's Shack. No reflection on anyone else I've squeaked a contact out of in April '12, it's just been a barely get there kind of thing until today.

nice job into south america

nice job grabbing the little available dx out there. i'm stuck at work today, but plan to get out at lunch and give it a whirl.

i bought a new whip for 10 meters as I have been running 10 meters off of my 11 meter whip and can't wait to get that dialed in on my mobile but that will have to wait till tonight!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.