• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB-Johnson Messenger 2

I have only seen a few working white/black face rigs. Man they sound sweet though...I saw one that had a external signal meter hooked to it

Reactions: Eastside
did u get a clean one? pic when it comes in?

not many want to talk to me on my titan 2 because it sounds so good, got a bunch of jealous haters making fun of plate modulation, etc.... they say it sounds like a am radio station (it doesnt have echo like almost everyone else) if u know what i mean and its too punchy in the upper midrange with my higher toned voice, kinda a channel buzzkill stopper, but as soon as switch over to the browning mark 2, its like wow and want to listen to that ping/squeal, crazy how the mind works.

Reactions: Eastside
did u get a clean one? pic when it comes in?

not many want to talk to me on my titan 2 because it sounds so good, got a bunch of jealous haters making fun of plate modulation, etc.... they say it sounds like a am radio station (it doesnt have echo like almost everyone else) if u know what i mean and its too punchy in the upper midrange with my higher toned voice, kinda a channel buzzkill stopper, but as soon as switch over to the browning mark 2, its like wow and want to listen to that ping/squeal, crazy how the mind works.

I will post a pic.
Yeh....the titans sound great.....must be jealousy.....especially one that has been all re capped.

No not really...The 223 is a Messenger 2 (turned sideways) with 23 channels (crystal mixed) no tune able VFO like the M2....
One of my Favorite old rigs to play with and work on years ago...
They were great preformers...AKA the Johnson "Blackface"

Johnson-Messenger-Two.jpg

Johnson-Messenger-223-2.jpg

All the Best
Gary
Last post was 2015
However I used to run a blackface for a base station many years ago.
It was a great radio, we would split the TX and RX and drive the locals nuts lol.
They were good old radios.

Jeff

I have 3 units
Working? I still have 2...plus extra tubes...If crystals did not cost so much to have cut anymore, I would have one running on 10m AM section 29.010/29.020 etc...
I also have 3/ Citi-Fone SS's (23 channel version) "one of these days" put one of those back on using a DDS vfo kit I have had for years (10 meters AM usage also)
citi_fone_ss_12_2739066.jpg

These were made in 1964 by

Multi-Products Company (Elmac), Michigan

They also made Amateur rigs in those days circa 1950-60's

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.