• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wtd mic wiring for turner plus 3 to kenwood ts440s

This is what I would try:

Pin 1 (Audio) = White
Pin 2 (PTT) = Black
Pin 3 (Down) = N/C
Pin 4 (Up) = N/C
Pin 5 (+8v) = N/C
Pin 6 (Receive) = Red
Pin 7 (Audio Ground) = N/C
Pin 8 (Common) = Shield

I would also slide a piece of shrink tube over pin 5 (inside the mic plug) to prevent any accidental contact and possible damage to the radio or mic from the +8v. ;)

If I'm reading the manual correctly, the voltage is supplied on a seperate pin (2) from the audio (1) so I don't think you would need to block it with a cap. You may want to verify this though - pg. 10 of .pdf file. You can view or download the manual here.

Looks to me like this might work:

Pin 1 (Mic Input) White
Pin 2 (+8v) N/C
Pin 3 (Up/Down) N/C
Pin 4 (Main Readout Squelch Switch) N/C
Pin 5 (PTT) Black
Pin 6 (PTT Ground)
Pin 7 (Mic Ground/Common) Shield
Pin 8 (Main Readout AF Output) N/C

Again, I would shrink tube Pin 2 to prevent +8v from accidental contact with any other pins.

As a minimum in a TS-440 pop off the top cover and look for C-135 on the I.F. board. It's way too damned small. Replace it with something in the order of 10 times larger for some decent tone. There's a lot more that can be done to this rig for good sound but it gets complicated.....

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.