• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1 Stop CB Shop...Anybody remember?

There's nothing wrong with that forum. To each their own. You don't like the forum because there is no bitching and bickering going on and bad mouthing other sites?

Are you saying there's bitching and bickering here?

There is something wrong with that forum...

You can't view as a guest without signing up, to me, that is very lame.

Reactions: 1 person

Nothing against you personally...But,

I like to look before I buy. I (and this is just my opinion) detest, dislike, avoid and ignore forums that require membership just to look. Mainly, the reason they do so, is to create an exaggerated membership number. What could they possibly have to hide or benefit to be private? Again, my opinion. I have this attitude with all forums. I can quickly spot a turd forum by reading a few posts or by looking at the lame, ass kissing, fan boy advertising vendors they allow. I don't want to waste my time and give out a good email account out to a dud forum. Thus, is why I like to try before I join. i guess I am just an ass that way.

Nothing against you personally...But,

I like to look before I buy. I (and this is just my opinion) detest, dislike, avoid and ignore forums that require membership just to look. Mainly, the reason they do so, is to create an exaggerated membership number. What could they possibly have to hide or benefit to be private? Again, my opinion. I have this attitude with all forums. I can quickly spot a turd forum by reading a few posts or by looking at the lame, ass kissing, fan boy advertising vendors they allow. I don't want to waste my time and give out a good email account out to a dud forum. Thus, is why I like to try before I join. i guess I am just an ass that way.

To each there own...But CB Radio Forum is one of the oldest Forums on the Net...And is partly owned by Carl at X Force...

I've been there since 2002, and back then about the only CB Forum's around was 1-Stop, and this one....WWRF...Think Pacetronics may have also had a Forum that didn't make it tho...

Nothing wrong with CB Radio Forum...But they do monitor the Forum closely and depending on how a post is worded, fowl language gets edited, and sites that are not sponsors that get posted also get edited or deleted...

Non sponsor links are deleted or edited...

That's why forums like that are useless. It's just a fan boy group. Some poor slob has to be spoon fed what they want you to eat, piss on that. If you can't post a link to an item from a non sponsored vender, what good is that?

Is why I stay away from nonsense like that. the hobby is about helping others out. having to subscribe to fan boy sites is lame.

Last edited:
Non sponser links are deleted or edited...

That's why forums like that are useless. It's just a fanboy group. Some poor slob has to be spoon fed what they want you to eat, piss on that. If you can't post a link to an item from a non sponsered vender, what good is that?

Is why I stay away from nonsense like that. the hobby is about helping others out. having to subscribe to fanboy sites is lame.

I tend to agree, to a point. I'm a member of their forum, and I generally find the information there useful and informative. And the folks there are very friendly, to boot.

However, I've run into a couple of situations where I've received (cautioned) PMs from (non-moderator) members stating that it's considered bad form to ask questions about equipment that the forum owner (Rolling Radios) doesn't sell, nor is it a good idea to link to sellers selling equipment that Rolling Radios either doesn't sell, or sells for less.

It's sort of a fox guarding the hen house kind of situation. I'm not suggesting that he does inferior work or anything. In fact, I've only read quite the opposite.

But, when the owner/operater (forum owner/moderator) is in control of the message, how on earth could I possibly know what -- if any -- negative reviews come their way?

Like you, I'd prefer an independent, non-biased analysis.

Nothing wrong with CB Radio Forum...But they do monitor the Forum closely and depending on how a post is worded, fowl language gets edited, and sites that are not sponsors that get posted also get edited or deleted...

And they ban you for no real reason or explanation...I was over there for almost two years, and they banned me for nothing. Just because its the oldest doesn't mean its any good...not every antique has value. They cater to Rolling, and are no different the CBRT catering to Radioactive.

1 Stop CB went out a long time ago...probably better than five years back? I want to remember they had a crude website and a small forum with not much activity if I remember too...

Are you saying there's bitching and bickering here?

There is something wrong with that forum...

You can't view as a guest without signing up, to me, that is very lame.

Nothing wrong with that Forum.

They have guest there all the time. (y)

You can't view any threads without being a member. IAW you must join.:closedeyes:

That means it's a LAME site.

I see what u mean now. I did not know,i just signed up on both Forums
before trying to view things on the sites a couple months ago.

Thats why i don't have much computer experince until last 1 or 2 yrs..
Still learning every month, a little here & there.

Sure learned alot about cb's since the late 70's, when i was last on air.
Can't wait, but i will have to wait before i get on air someday. Money
is allways pretty short around here.

Thanks for the tip about, viewing before getting or joining.(y)

I have no desire to read any of your previous dribble

Let the rubber hit the road then and show us your internet prowess and I have had computers and internet access since 1993 so your assumptions are baseless.

That made no sense whatsoever and be sure and check out my forum usage in this post.

You bore me. You are also the second user I have now blocked. BTW, I started with computers in 1982, thought I'd toot my horn before I block and unsubscribe from this thread.

Goodbye sir.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.