• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10-turn clarifier install for 2000gtl???

Slim

Apr 2, 2005
land of the worthless nut
Can someone tell me how to hook one up? Does it just wire up to the course clarifier wires and isolate the fine clarifier wires? I've asked all over the place and no-one seems to have an answer! I'd like to get it hooked up soon! Thanks everyone.Slim

It's possible I might learn something here Slim ? How big of a slider do you have on that 2000 ? I thought the fine control would be enough when it came to slide on a 2000 ? I never thought a 10 turn was wired in ??? other then the knob just being pulled off and the 10 turn put in it's place ?? if this is the case ? and they are wired in , it would surely be interesting to hear. Good luck to you.

Well,SwitchKit,what I'm referring to is an actual 10-turn
potentiometer in place of the stock dual control.So yes it has to be wired in.The original pot has 5-wires I believe and the 10-turn has only 3 terminals.I'm needing to know which 3 of the original wires to hook up? Thanks for looking sir.Slim :D

it's been a long time for me Slim , but I do recall putting on a 10 turn verner dial on a pc-122 and it just slipped over the clarifiers switch (after you popped the knob off,if I recall) it's been so long I forgot ? I was guessing the dual knob job would be a whole different story ? Good luck to you. I think IM starting to confuse myself here.

The vernier dial you used is like a gear reduction drive for the existing potentiometer. It just allows you to make much finer adjustments.

He's actually replacing the dual potentiomer with a single 10 turn potentiometer.

995 said:
The vernier dial you used is like a gear reduction drive for the existing potentiometer. It just allows you to make much finer adjustments.

He's actually replacing the dual potentiomer with a single 10 turn potentiometer.

Very good 995 , I thought that's what it was and or how it worked. These things are great !! especially if you have 15 to 20 Khz's of slide on a radio , I had one on a PC-122 (Vernier dial) that had 15 khz of slide ,I loved it !! then on a Grant XL that had over 20 Khzs' of slide , WOW !! When they got that much slide going on ,what a blessing a 10 turn or a vernier dial can be !! Totally awesome if I say so myself :D

I'll bet it is smooth. I've never tried one, but I'd sure like to!

I wonder exactly how the one he's installing works....whether the pot shaft actually turns 10 times or if it's gear reduced with a vernier. It's gotta be reduced somehow....I just can't see any other way...

Hi 995.Thanks for the info.It's actually the 10-turn pot;NOT
a vernier dial.This way I can leave the 2000gtl stock looking in appearance and use an original (single) knob.I never cared for the looks of those vernier dials myself. I'll let you know how it comes out as soon as I can get to it.
Thanks again folks.Slim :D

I surely understand the stock look , but I personally thought those Vernier dials looked and worked pretty cool , but when you have a 15 to 20 Khz slider going on ,they are surely a blessing for the user. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.