• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

108 WHIP

My local Radio Shacks never quit sellin' them---surprisingly.

And, btw, rumor has it, Radio Shack is going back into the ham radio market along with putting its parts bins BACK into most all their stores according to store managers I've talked to! :D
This rumor seems to be true!

CWM

You mean Phone Shack might be going back to it's old ways ? Its' one thing after the other with those people that once had a decent parts , antenna's and radio related equipment , it's been to long since those days . Last I talked to a "manager" she said they were leaning more towards Internet sales , which I believe you can find a lot more there then the stores itself , wasn't to long ag a read that a very large portion of there shops in the U.S have closed down. What's really going on ? but then again , I need not pay 1.49 for 2 / 1 watt resistors either. :roll:

for 11M <CB> use a 102" with a 6" "potbelly" spring.....

for 10M use a straight 102"

scott

(y)(y)

I just put my analyzer on both a few weeks back. Spring is 108" and centers on 11m and without centers it on 10m, though the bandwidth is very broad either way. With a good solid mount, no spring is needed either, the whips are nearly indestructible...you have to watch the mount more than the whip so it won't rip out if you hit something hard.

The hustler ball SS mount is what I have, should you go that route, there is a bushing between the two halves of the ball that prevented it from properly clamping the ball in place. I shaved about 1/16" off the bushing with a Dremel and got full lock contact on the ball after that. No idea if they are all made like that, but mine was a recent purchase. You'll know as you can tug on the whip and shift the ball angle around. :wub:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,