• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10M repeaters

74IN

Feb 17, 2003
Labia
Are there alot?

I'm hearing one on 29.623 that fades from squelch threshold to 60 over. Sounds like eastcoast guys.

Is that a commonly used method of DX?

I'm looking because I just found an FM board in my Kenwood I was unaware of while checking for filters., lol.

The frequency may be 'off' a bit. The 10 meter repeaters are supposed to be spaced every 10 Khz starting at 29.600. Then 29.610, 29.620, etc, that's for the output freqs. The corresponding inputs are at 29.500, 29.510, 29.520, etc. The typical 10 meter repeaters have been around for a while. Every once in a while a 'new' one will crop up, but usually doesn't stay around for long. Not sure how/if they do any 10 meter repeater coordinating. Considering 10 meter propagation, you are liable to hear people from just about anywhere on just about any of the repeaters. Depending on propagation, there just no limits like 'line of sight'...
- 'Doc

Dallas has a 10m repeater on 29.660...no PL. Since it's right in the center of the country, it has pretty good coverage. In fact, I can get into it right now from L.A. There's a repeater on the same frequency just a couple of miles from me that is also linked to 6m. I get fooled sometimes thinking I'm hearing the Dallas one when it's right next door.. LOL

Are there alot?

I'm hearing one on 29.623 that fades from squelch threshold to 60 over. Sounds like eastcoast guys.

Is that a commonly used method of DX?

I was on that repeater last night,

29.620 with a negative split to 29.520 and a PL tone of 146.2

It is a New York Repeater

29.620 with a negative split to 29.520 and a PL tone of 146.2

I think I kerchunked it, no Pl's on my 430, that I'm aware of.

This had - offset.

Weird. Maybe it wasn't a repeater , but I heard a courtesy tone.:confused:

29.660 with PL 114.8 is in Queens NY and is fairly active also. Generally it is linked to a 440 system as well. WB2HWW is the call. They have a web site with audio streaming too.

The trustee will open the PL occasionally when propagation is in so that people on 440 can work DX through the link. It also has Echolink and maybe IRLP on it as well....though they may be via the 440 link.

The trustee likes experimentation and opens the link as a remote base on 146.52 when tropo opens there as well. Sometimes it gets a bit nutty trying to figure out who is coming in on what link.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.