• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 METER DX TODAY

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
I was looking at the real-time dx propagation this morning, and 10 and 12 meters in the US was totally alive with action . Here in South America both bands were dead quiet.
skip2.png
skip10.png

With both 10 and 12 meters going strong, it's safe to say that 11 meters it lit up too. Too bad that I can't hear any of that down here. Keyed up and called CQ-DX many times with no response. A station in Medellin about 120 kms (72 miles) away came back to me, so I know my rig is working. I'd love to join in.

Here in Washington the 11 dx has been pretty good for the short contacts.
I have talked several times in the last two weeks to a couple stations in Alaska and to a station in Yellowknife, North West Territories, Canada. It's the first time in about 30 years that I have heard any one from there.

Also Whitehorse in the Yukon Territory has been in there several times. I usually keep my beam heading east towards the Canadian Provinces, lots of good operators in Manitoba that I like talking to.

My C.B. time was before 1977 when i got licensed, 23 channel AM pony's and the like.
Had a few export C.B's over time, that also worked on 10 meters.( still have a Superstar 3900 with channel and frequency showing)
My new FT 991A isn't opened so it will only do amateur bands, and I won't be opening TX as well.
Sporadic E season till now has been good, worked a few contnets and lots of EU states this time as well 10 as on 6 meters using the Fritzel FD-4 OCF, yes it works fine there SWR 1.3.
It will peter out most of the time middle of August so make use of the time left.

Just back from the shooting club, did some 50 rounds in the desert eagle .357 M.( reloads)
Then a few in the .22 LR target pistol, just for the fun of it.( Walther GSP)
Didn't take the S&W .357M with me nor the US carbine .30 M1, still have to sight in the scope on the 100 meter indoor range though...
Came back to dead upper bands, 7 and 14 were open EU side.
Oh well, will have a look later down on 160 see how things go there, if nothing there there is always tomorrow.
Good DX on whatever band you stick on.

Been doing that for over 35 years here, owning several firearms and reloading all centerfire cartridges here.
Sold the S&W 629 classic DX .44 M to my brother of my wife though.
Won all competitions with it, not funny anymore.
Getting older as well doesn/t help either....
The desert eagle .357M is my most used handgun though, i like the weight, and since I'm 1 inch shy of 7 feet tall my hands have no problem holding it ;)
I had to extend the stock of the M1 carbine though....before the scope dug my eye out.
Not funny....

I’ve been reloading since late 1960’s or early 1970’s both handgun & rifle cartridges. I used to post some gun pictures on the forum at times until I get the word it wasn’t a good idea.

I thought my 6’8’ nephew was tall.

Reactions: Slowmover
Been doing that for over 35 years here, owning several firearms and reloading all centerfire cartridges here.
Sold the S&W 629 classic DX .44 M to my brother of my wife though.
Won all competitions with it, not funny anymore.
Getting older as well doesn/t help either....
The desert eagle .357M is my most used handgun though, i like the weight, and since I'm 1 inch shy of 7 feet tall my hands have no problem holding it ;)
I had to extend the stock of the M1 carbine though....before the scope dug my eye out.
Not funny....

You don’t really need a firearm, do you?

Just a set of serrated stainless steel teeth.
And the fork from a carving set.

Reactions: Justme
Crime here is low, normal people don't have firearms either.
Never had trouble in my life, might have been my length or being self confident.
Shooting is just fun, when my dad was policeman he took me out to the shooting range to fire his pistol and carbine, then i was a customs officer for 4 years also armed.
He was a bloody good shot as well.....

The M1 US carbine .30 is fom may 1944 older as me, brought over with US and Canadian troops liberating our country, then given to the police that just stocked them up, and we could buy them for low prices ( 200 dollars) as new for our hobby.
Dunno how large the US soldiers were, but standard stock is too small for me, so with wood i formed an 3 inch lengthening piece added to the end of the stock in the same wood and colour so it does not stand out.

For the carbine, S&W revolver ( 4inch barrel) and Desert eagle i can use the same reloading powder, N110 from Vihhtavuori ( fast rifle powder) so no mistakes to be made here ;)
.22 LR are bought in bulk, 2000 to 5000 rounds a time mostly Winchester the more high speed rounds, with copper clad bullets., relative cheap, 150 bucks for 2000.
I bought the desert eagle before it became famous in movies the first model by IMI arms from Israel.
It was so ugly i instantly liked it and the size, weight and feel.
Won a ton of competitions with that one, it still is bloody accurate after 15000 rounds through it over the years.
Only replaced the double spring a few times as the extractor spring.
For the rest good cleaning and maintenance, once a year total stripping them.
We have 5 indoor ranges from 10meter .22 LR rifle to 100 meter indoor large caliber rifle range for up to .50 BMG shooting.
Still is fun with my almost 68 years.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.