• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

12.6 Megawatt...

You really should put a coffee can over both of those exhaust stacks so that no water gets in them when it rains.......
And does It have a little 2 cylinder pony motor on the other side with a rope to start it?
I might be interested....

Jeff

You really should put a coffee can over both of those exhaust stacks so that no water gets in them when it rains.......
And does It have a little 2 cylinder pony motor on the other side with a rope to start it?

Jeff

If it's like the old crawlers they had a crank handle and you better hope the mag points aren't stuck.

The D-2 we had was rope start on the pony motor, it was a good little rig, hell it even had Hydraulics on it for the blade.
We also a D-8 13A ...all cable, no hydraulics, that cantankerous old beast had the crank that came up through the hood for the pony and would rip your Arm out is the socket on a good day.
I was in Heaven the day they delivered the 2 ( yes 2 ) A/C HD-21P crawlers.
Direct electric start, turbo charged and full power-shift transmissions, full hydro controls on the ripper and blade...they even had hydraulic friction controls, you could turn one with a finger.
After that no one wanted to drive the D-8.
Ahhh the good old days, diesel fumes and eating dirt all day.
LOL

Jeff

Jeff

I'll look tomorrow, I don't think there is a pony motor.

You might want it?

It must weigh 10 tons, shipping from 46350 would be a bitch.

It belongs to the guy I work for. Been sitting here for quite a while.

Tag says 240/480 3 phase, 231 KVA continuous, 18.5 KW.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll clean up the tag if you wonder about it's specs.

The D-2 we had was rope start on the pony motor, it was a good little rig, hell it even had Hydraulics on it for the blade.
We also a D-8 13A ...all cable, no hydraulics, that cantankerous old beast had the crank that came up through the hood for the pony and would rip your Arm out is the socket on a good day.
I was in Heaven the day they delivered the 2 ( yes 2 ) A/C HD-21P crawlers.
Direct electric start, turbo charged and full power-shift transmissions, full hydro controls on the ripper and blade...they even had hydraulic friction controls, you could turn one with a finger.
After that no one wanted to drive the D-8.
Ahhh the good old days, diesel fumes and eating dirt all day.
LOL

Jeff
same here on the d8-c with hornet's nest to keep you awake.

Don`t worry about shipping, I can just drive over and put it the back of my Ranger pick-up........
:drool:
LOL I was just giving ya a bad time about the coffee can`s.
I would love to have one, I live up in the sierras and in the winter when it snows we often have power outages.
Now if I could just find one that runs on flat beer and banana peels I would have it made.
I have seen Cats that have sit for years, and you put fresh fuel/oil in them and they fire up.....with grass growing on the tracks.

Jeff

A friend just installed a 20 kw in his home hooked to natural gas. May do somthing like that down the road. Tornado shelter will be next. May put my shack down there but im sure I would need a dehumidifier.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.