• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

12 Volt Distribution

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Looking to see what people are using to bring 12 Volt power up to the dash area.

Rigrunner and power poles are to pricey, but they are nice.

I'm looking for some sort of fused/unfused distribution block with terminals to hook up 2 mobiles and maybe some misc. low draw devices. I will be bringing in at least 8-10 gauge wire from the battery with fuses near the battery. My current requirements will be under 25 amps.

I'd like to mount this block under the dash area or along the transmission hump area.

Anyways, just looking for ideas on what's out there to accomplish this task

Last edited:

I found a small fuse panel at a Napa Auto Parts store and wired it up to the battery with eight gauge wire. I have a CB and a rechargeable flashlight connected to it for now.
Mine looks like this.
218094.jpg

http://javascript<b></b>:;I would use incar hifi gold plated distribution blocks combined with anderson power poles for quick release/swapping of radios/amps etc.

a few examples for you:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=300562823771

XScorpion AGU Fuse Power Distribution Block 2 4 8 Gauge | eBay

STINGER SPD8124 AGU FUSED DISTRIBUTION BLOCK 4 POSITION | eBay

DIGITAL RED LED POWER DISTRIBUTION BLOCK 2/4 - 4/8 GA | eBay

Car Auto Audio Power Distribution Block AGU Fuse Holder | eBay

POWER GROUND DISTRIBUTION BLOCK DUAL 4 8 GAUGE PD12 NEW | eBay

typing agu into e bay, then selecting the sub category car electronics will find you plenty of gold plated distribution blocks/fuses. if its good enough for car hifi its good enough for radio. most are inexpensive compared to rigrunner and similar makes aimed at radio enthusiasts.

i doubt you'll find better than anderson products for high current/ quck release, i'd stick with them.

Find someone who has one of the 'PowerWerks' distribution blocks for 'power poles'. See how the things are put together (don't take it apart, whoever it belongs to will kill you). They are really not complicated, and if you were half way 'handy', I don't see why you couldn't make your own. Or design your own to fit your particular situation. I've found a cigar box and some 'handiness' can make some very usable gadgets. (Why a cigar box? Cuz that's what I had at the time.)
I'm really 'sold' on those 'PowerPoles', they work. And combined with a little imagination... ;).
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users