• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

139xlr mic wire up

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
I need help i tried to put in a stupid roger beep and now im down one really cool old school screamer.
Could you help me please
What would be great is if you took my pics saved them and then made arrows where stuff goes and where stuff gets solderd bac that would be great all of the pics are with the radio upside down so keep that in mind.
thanks guys.
DSC00291.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

If you need more pics i will take more.
Thanks again
~RED~

Standard mic wiring for cobra/galaxy/uniden 4 pin:

Pin 1) ground
Pin 2) audio
Pin 3) PTT (tx)
Pin 4) RX (sometimes not used on relay switched radios, and some galaxy/uniden radios, but good to put the RX wire there anyhow)

Hope this helps!

-Exit

thank you so much for getting back to me exit but i need to know where all of those little components go, i dont know which wire is which. if anyone does please feel free to jump in .
take care Exit
BR back out

Okay,

Upon further inspection, the black wire and white wire are in the correct places on the jack. the wire connected to the little choke goes to pin 3, which has the orange wire stub on it. Looks like the small ceramic disc capacitors (looks like there are 2 there?) are just clipped and can be reattached.

Hope this helps!

-Exit

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.