• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

142 GTL No Transmit on am

KD2DBD

Dec 18, 2012
I picked up a 142 GTL on Craigslist and it has transmit on SSB but no carrier on am. frequency counter showing slightly off frequency on key up and when I talk into mike, I am using a D104M6B, It swings from nothing to about 6 watts. Unit has two toggles on back obvious channel conversion done. Receive is good. I replaced driver and final did no good. The voltage on the driver and final flange is 13.05 on am and 13,78 on ssb when on receive, driver drops to negative reading on transmit and final goes down to .20 what would cause the over voltage and drop? any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. JIM

Last edited:

First blush would be the AM Regulator. IIRC, it is TR-34 and is a 2SC1419 that can be upgraded with an NTE152. It is found on the side of the chassis in the back behind the audio chip. The original 2SC1419 is a real stinker, so I would take it out and test it for failure. If it has, then use an NTE to replace it; better part in this case.

Last edited:
thanks

will check that out. the ic there now is a D1135. S I am guessing many hands have been in this radio before. JIM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.