• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

142gtl frequency counter solder points?

well I found it(I think)... I installed a freak counter... and it seems that my 142gtl is stuck about 2 bands below the CB band... I have attempted to remove the mod that the previous owner did... but still no joy

Do you have a camera that can take clear close up pictures? Can you take a picture on the solder side of the board (underside of the radio) around where the MB8719 PLL chip is at? Did the previous owner have a Digi-Scan on it? Seems odd that it's stuck way below... unless someone swapped out the 11.1125 loop mixer crystal. If you can, take some pics of the bottom side of the board by the PLL chip and post them here, I'll see if it's been hacked into or not.

~Cheers~

Do you have a camera that can take clear close up pictures? Can you take a picture on the solder side of the board (underside of the radio) around where the MB8719 PLL chip is at? Did the previous owner have a Digi-Scan on it? Seems odd that it's stuck way below... unless someone swapped out the 11.1125 loop mixer crystal. If you can, take some pics of the bottom side of the board by the PLL chip and post them here, I'll see if it's been hacked into or not.

~Cheers~

it is hacked up... it had a few cut traces and was switch modded on the PLL and after it started acting up removed the switched and rejoinded the cut areas on the pll... and the circuit (SHOULD) be back to new... that being said it is not

the freq counter came from another working 142 GTL so I know it is setup correctly

it is hacked up... it had a few cut traces and was switch modded on the PLL and after it started acting up removed the switched and rejoinded the cut areas on the pll... and the circuit (SHOULD) be back to new... that being said it is not

the freq counter came from another working 142 GTL so I know it is setup correctly

If someone had it aligned to operate at freqs other that what it was designed for you're going to have to have the radio completely re-aligned to factory specs for it to operate as original.

Reversing the hack job was step number one. The link below will get you started on step number two.

The Defpom PC-385 Alignment Page

well I found it(I think)... I installed a freak counter... and it seems that my 142gtl is stuck about 2 bands below the CB band... I have attempted to remove the mod that the previous owner did... but still no joy

Can you tell me what pin or pick point you found for the counter? I still can't find reference anywhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.