• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 GTL

Ainjull

Mar 5, 2014
Hello all. I am new here, so forgive me if I ask something that is already posted (I've searched and can't find it).
I want to put an external power knob on my 148 GTL to drop my dead key to 2 watts (for pushing an amp). If I don't want the amp, I can turn the knob to full power. My 148 is currently pushing 9w at dead-key.
Also, what brand watt meter do yall recommend to stay dedicated inline in my mobile for all of this to happen?
I am looking at a KL (Italy) brand 100 or 200W amp and I figured I'd get some feedback on that also.
Thanks in advance!

Hello all. I am new here, so forgive me if I ask something that is already posted (I've searched and can't find it).
I want to put an external power knob on my 148 GTL to drop my dead key to 2 watts (for pushing an amp). If I don't want the amp, I can turn the knob to full power. My 148 is currently pushing 9w at dead-key.
Also, what brand watt meter do yall recommend to stay dedicated inline in my mobile for all of this to happen?
I am looking at a KL (Italy) brand 100 or 200W amp and I figured I'd get some feedback on that also.
Thanks in advance!

Use the following modification to control the dead key

Mod by Motor Mouth Maul

Attachments

• cobra 148 power control mod.pdf
    169.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Use the following modification to control the dead key

good idea. I have not thought of doing this mod the way you have it posted. I some times hook up to R228 to drop the dead key with a diode in line and it gives a lower dead key and more swing.

I would never run a single final with a 9 watt dead key. gives low audio and will blow the final after a short time in most cases.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.