• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1750meter - 11m linear transverter experiment

Uncle Ronnie 336

Apr 28, 2020
so we are allowed to tx between 160-190 khz longwave per part15 regs, so i had an idea to get SSB mode capability there, even though the rules state 1W INPUT to the final, and i will pay for the linearity, i'm going for it. a 27.000mhz local oscillator (raltron 4 pin vxco) feeds a SA602 mixer chip, and the input is basically a dummyload with a sample output pot so i don't overdrive the chip. using relays and your typical amp keying circuit, the RX path bypasses that. so 100% sheilding is needed so i can keep the worlds inside and outside the cable separate. trying to hear 185khz, not the mudduck in the desert so that should be a fun challenge. got a lot of work ahead of me to drop some trees in the swamp to give me a nice wet ground to build the 50' legal loaded vertical. and that's only the TX antenna. building this transverter with an output relay and 2 antenna connectors so i can either use the vertical in tx/rx or switch to something like a loop or something low-noise. i got a couple rx antenna options to explore but i'll burn that bridge when i get there. looking to give new use to 23ch ssb rigs i got laying around here, lets just hope those beeps and whistle beacon freaks don't raise too much of a stink lol

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.