• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1996 S-10 and Dual Whip help

B

Blackhawk140

I just bought a 1996 4 cylinder. short box S-10 about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have a 1/4" thick by 2" wide and about 6' wide steel to attach my antennas to on the box. Its my old man's and I just want to make sure it works before I go out and spend a lot of money on nice antennas. I have the Y coaxial cable and hooked it up to my CB (148 Cobra) and I am getting really high readings. I don't want to drill any holes in the truck thats why I have the steel plate. . . the only hole I want to drill is to get into the cab at the bottom by the floor and put a grommet around the hole. I am willing to drill a hole in the steel plate for a ground, do I need to do that and ground it to my truck frame to ground it even more? I do have a box liner so its not touching the truck. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks to all in advance.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.