• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 Meter J-pole

kd-5-bgt

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 10, 2007
Joplin Missouri area
I decided to try to make this antenna

2 Meter Jpole Calculator by dxzone.com

I have yet to set the so 239 but so far it has taken me about 2 hours to measure,cut,and solder everything.I am seeing about another hour to get it completed and check swr..Also keep in mind that I do not have the proper tools for doing this type of work and my soldering skills are very gimp at best

I know several in my area that uses this antenna and they all like it.

For those are currently looking into getting a 2 meter antenna this is an easy one to make,even for someone like me

I will post again on how the final product turned out

Several years ago i built the Super J-pole which is an extended version with an additional 1/2 wave radiator stacked on top. The bottom was 3/4 inch copper and the top part was 1/2 inch tubing. It worked VERY well until I replaced it with an 11 element yagi. Now that my rotator is broken I wish I had the Super J back up.

Super J-Pole plans

I made one too.

1001807mi1.jpg

I went to high school with a girl named "Patina". :wub: Her father was on the Las Vegas police force, so that means he was a copper......hmmmmm.....

And don't think that little "coincidence" was lost on those of us in the LVHS Ham Club! (y)

Fortunately, her last name wasn't "GREEN"! :drool:

SUCESS!!!!! (y) I finally got the jpole in the air and tested on 2 meter. Under 1.5 to 1 at 146.000 and under 2 to 1 at the band edges.

The antenna is up about 35 or so feet and I am still testing for range

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.