• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 meter quad - change of plans

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Well, I was going to purchase the Cubex Scorpion II quad, but a local guy that I trained for Navy MARS just gave me a 4 element 2m Cushcraft 124WB yagi which has 10.2 dbi gain. I might as well use it, right? :) :) The reviews on this yagi say that it is really broadbanded - after looking at the size of the driven element, I can see why. Anyway, new plan is to put that up oriented horizontally for 2m SSB with a small rotor and the vertical above it (y). Pics to follow when the project is complete.

I am devastated! Here we are, eagerly awaiting that quad thingy and what happens, you get a stupid yagi! What I really think you should do is give that stupid yagi to me and continue with the quad thingy. I know that if you asked all the others, and if they would put themselves in my position here, they would agree... You ought to be ashamed!
- 'Doc

anybody think that'll work?

anybody think that'll work?

I don't know if it will or not Doc but I'm all for ya. Mole, ship that thing to Doc and build that quad. Both of you will be happier in the long run. (y) I mean seriously, a four element yagi versus an eight element quad. There is no comparision.

P.S. (Doc, if it works you owe me one) ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.