• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

20 year old 148 just purchased.TUG8 MIC WIREING DIAGRAM

Hey people I am new to this site. I just purchased a 148 made in Malaysia unused in the box for $79.00. that I bought for use as a base station to be able to communicate with my two Cobra 29LTD's in my vehicles both with about 50 watt amplifiers. I am waiting right now for a bid I put in for a 100 to 200 watt RF Italy amp for the base like the one's I have in the mobiles. By the way I put up a Patriot fiberglass whip about 30 feet up and don't see any difference in my output than my mobiles parked by the house? What I need to know does anyone know the wiring diagram for hooking up my D-104 T-ug8 choke only gray base to this Cobra 148 made in 1991 approx.

Provided that the TUG-8 D104 hasn't had a new cord wired in, and/or the wires are correct inside the base, it should go like this:

Pin 1 = audio (white)
Pin 2 = ground (shield)
Pin 3 = receive (black)
Pin 4 = ground (shield, you have to put in a jumper wire between pins 2 and 4 on the mic plug)
Pin 5 = Transmit (red)

Hope this helps!

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.