• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

29 cobra ltd classic

badhabit

Sep 10, 2012
Hi everybody.I just learned how to post to forum (duh).1996 china made 29 wont transmit or receive on ch. 2-12 and 22. Channel lites on these channels is a small green line on right of ch.screen.Has anyone else had this problem?All others work perfect and all other channels read as should.
Test equip. is dosy 3001 meter,volt meter,signal generator,soldering irons.
Any help will be appreciated .Thx.

Forum Help & Info

Can't figure out how to post something? Need help with something on the forum? This is the place for forum questions, suggestions & comments.

Reactions: badhabit
Possibly a bad pll chip, bad solder joints, or a bad rotary channel switch would be my guess. Doubtful that it would be a VCO Voltage adjustmest since it is the middle 20 channels that are having the problem. Check the board carefully around the solder side of the pll chip. Bad solder joints betwen the rotary channel switch and the pll might be an issue to look at.

Possibly a bad pll chip, bad solder joints, or a bad rotary channel switch would be my guess. Doubtful that it would be a VCO Voltage adjustmest since it is the middle 20 channels that are having the problem. Check the board carefully around the solder side of the pll chip. Bad solder joints betwen the rotary channel switch and the pll might be an issue to look at.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.