• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2SA1012-0

generally speaking a 2sa1012/o will work in any circuit that originally used a device with a lower suffix letter, the reverse isn't always the case, as the later the suffix the more upgraded the device is/was.

in some circuits a 2sa1012/o will replace the higher suffix used in later circuit designs, possibly not quite as well as the original,sometimes with no discernible difference depending on the application of the device, sometimes it just won't work at all.

on another note the 2sa1012 was a borderline device in most export radios using 2sc1969/2sc2312 final/s,tweaking the carrier power for AM/FM will almost definately cause premature failure on these radios.

so to answer your original question it could be, but it might not be the same.

it's certainly worth trying, but be wary of fake 2sa1012's, there is millions of fake transistors out there,you wouldn't be the first person to fit a brand new transistor and the circuit still doesn't work, leading you to wrongly surmise somewhere else is faulty, these fakes are now even being passed off by some of the previously reliable suppliers.

where can i buy parts i can trust, i would rather buy new ones and be safe.

original 2sa1012's were made by toshiba, the best place to buy genuine parts in the states would probably be rf parts, but maybe some of the guys on your side of the pond could give you cheaper/better ideas.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.