• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

321 amp

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
Who made this neat little box that uses 4 8950s? I got it in the stuff i got today from a local lady that had a bunch of CB radios, amps, mobiles ect ect.

This sucker needs some tlc to work. It hums really loud when i turn it on. It had a blown fuse, broken fuse holder and a broke tube that someone carelessly installed and they broke the little glass nipple on the bottom of the tube. I installed one of my good tubes i had stashed away and fixed the fuse holder and now all it does is hum really loud when turned on.

This sucker needs some tlc to work. It hums really loud when i turn it on. It had a blown fuse, broken fuse holder and a broke tube that someone carelessly installed and they broke the little glass nipple on the bottom of the tube. I installed one of my good tubes i had stashed away and fixed the fuse holder and now all it does is hum really loud when turned on.

caps maybe, does it hum though transmission/receive, or is it a hum that you hear in the room kinds like a transformer on a light pole?

Loud hum ?

1. Do you have a means of measuring the AC current drawn? I guess it's not enough to blow the fuse, but it sounds like maybe some serious problems with the power transformer. Try tightening all the hardware that holds the transformer together.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.