• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4-1000

excavator701

May 23, 2005
homeamade 2 4-1000 amp being drivin by a 8 tube elite about 100w deadkey what would the full pep be???

same question for a single 4-1000 also????

excavator701 said:
homeamade 2 4-1000 amp being drivin by a 8 tube elite about 100w deadkey what would the full pep be???

same question for a single 4-1000 also????

How many volt B+ are you running on the plates of the tubes? Need to know that in order to calculate the power input and the power output.

to answer your question i really dont know i was just wondering out of curiosity i am thinking of haveing one built i just want someone give me an idea of what im looking at! thanks!!!!

With about 5000 volts on the plates and 100 watts of drive you should see 4000 watts out of one tube.

4 1000

thanks paws with my driver i can deadkey 100 safley right?? what would you recommend for max pep i would imagine it would only be a certain amount i would just have to tune that amp down to only swing so far right?????

a single 4-1000 will do about 4 grand.

A pair will do > 7 grand. I've seen one do 10 grand output, but that was that amp, and I wouldn't run it that hard.

I hit each one with < 500 watts PEP.

Of course, as others have stated, plate voltage, class of service, grid driven vs. GG operation all have something to do with drive levels and output power.

--Toll_Free

big britches said:
I was listening to skipland yesterday and I heard someone saying paws on there. Are you the same one, the one and only?

'Fraid not, I only use PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome) on the message board; from Austin to Boston, I'm the guy that they call "Famous 5" on the radio.

Hey Famous Five?

You remember Detour on the big island? From the 80s and early 90s?

Ran a 667 and an 88? I just started setting up the radio room and ran across his old 667, has the gold emblem on the side saying "Detour, 068 Honolulu Hawaii " with a date.

I'll grab some pics. I also have a pic of a M4V for the solid state section... HOLY SHIT! PC Board started on fire, 4 blown transistors, etc., etc., etc.

Built in driver started to oscillate, behind the seat of pickup truck, driver couldn't kill the b+ fast enough, started a fire, etc.

Need a M4V board. NE1 have a spare :)

--Toll_Free

I have two 4-1000 amps running a pair of 4-1000 tubes

Im looking for someone here in florida to go through them and up date
anything that needs to be changed to make them better.
Like to maybe get them on 160 meters too.
Like to get them on the WARC bands too not 30meters of coarse.
One of them is on 15 through 80 and the other is 10 though 80.
Would like to get them in real good running order before I move out
west to Idaho and run some power out here on my contest station Im
going to be building.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.