• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4 element yagi specs

hi henry, the space of the elements is 5inches center to center, if u need need anything else let me know. oh the boom is 3 inch if it matters

thanks scot 33

Hi there,

Sorry it took me a bit longer..had some hospital things to do and it is rather bussy at this moment.

Attached you can find the information for constructing a 4el F-yagi using maco diameters.

I specificly designed the antenna for the "normal" 40 channels with the peak at 27.2 Mhz
(as i thougth that was your idea ??)

Im almost confident i can get more out of the antenna for now it is a "extra 0.7dB in gain"
compared to the maco.
It should be possible to expand that gain figure and expand the bandwidth as the "original F-yagi " which uses thicker elements does show slightly better performance.
Of course i realize element diameter has a large influence..but i have the feeling it could be futher improved...(could be wrong though hihi)

Let me know how you like the antenna compared to the maco when you have it up.

Kind regards,

Henry

Attachments

• 4el f-yagi HPSD (maco dia) Scot.doc
    137.5 KB · Views: 103
Henry is in the business of selling antennas i feel it isn't appropriate to ask him how he makes his antennas, even though he seems like a super guy for helping . Go do what he did and learn yourself. Sorry if I am speaking out of turn Henry but your hard work doesnt need to be given out for free.

Would you give me one of your antennas? Thats what it is like asking.

:censored:

There are no secret formulas for beam antennas - even beams with a loop as a driver. Henry is a craftsman; and his workmanship and choice of materials puts him and his antennas on top. He hasn't had any problems with answering any of the questions put to him so far.

Reactions: 3 people
i didn't ask him i posted i was interested in upgrading my ant, and he offered some tips, and becuase of that i'm going to buy a six element from him as sooon as winter is over.
thanks henry

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind replies.
Although this thread is certainly not about me, I hope you guys don’t mind the response.

How "stupid" it may seem, I do actually see it as "sharing" information.
A forum is all about learning, so why shouldn’t people benefit from what I have gained in the past.
Each day I still learn, and it is great to share that knowledge.

It’s not a competition of "who knows most", as it is rather stupid to have a "one knows all" attitude.
The entire antenna world is rather complicated.
Especially if we take the environment along with it.
It would impossible to be on top of everything.

If one of the forum “more knowledgeable” doesn’t know something..That’s not a bad thing, not even if it is a manufacturer; it’s a change for learning.
But one thing is clear, dig until you have the right answer. People depend on your answer….make sure it is the right one or at least leaning in that direction lol.
There are books, the internet and yes, sadly they are not always accurate.
Sometimes you need to "discover/confirm" yourself before you can make a claim.
If there is a question or just the “might be true thought” It’s worth the investigation.
And as always…the hunt is the best part 

It would be less intelligent to make claims you cannot back up.
On another forum I’m in a discussion with a well known antenna manufacturer who is claiming some things. I know this is not true so I tell him very polite to explain...but now it is rather silent from his side....that kind of attitude is ready for improvement.

In the past i started up a couple informative websites regarding antennas devoted for 11 meters.
A lot of misconceptions were brought to attention. In that period I have written to several antenna manufacturers how they could improve the antennas they made.
Sadly I had few responses.

That’s why I thought...let’s start doing our own thing.
I know I’m right, but if I don’t explain there will be only a few who do “see” it.
So if I explain (or show) it benefits me, aswell as others who can improve what they have.
And no it isnt a real secret, but it hasnt been done before...othewise other manufacturers would have done it already.
And yes it does actually takes a lot of time to improve "things".

Take for example the 4el F-yagi Maco style from above...you won’t find another antenna on that boom with the extra gain. Not even the "optimized 4el of the signal engineering it also lacks 0, 7 dB.

And I guess that’s what it is from a manufacturer point of view all about:
Making sure it is the best there is, and maintaining that position as long as you can

Kind regards,

Henry

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.