• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

5 tone roger beep

ThirstyBoots440

Local Trash Talker
Oct 27, 2011
Richmond, VA
I've read a couple of articles on the 5 tone roger beeps being used as a keyup. Anyone know anything on this? I've got a spare 5 tone board and wouldn't mind having it as a keyup myself

Lol, if anyone local here had a 5 tone key up or roger beep and they kept it on all the time a cable with a tow hook would be wrapped around their tower and you would see the whole thing being dragged down the street. Takes care of that mess. Bad enough we must listen to that crap come in on DX from Mexico.

Reactions: jwilkers
I just like having extra toys to play with from time to time, of course living on the main interstate on the east coast does have it's advantages as well. I imagine I'll use the 5 tone for it's intended purpose, and contacting a buddy of mine to have a custom keyup made. I'm partial to the tone bursts you hear on police radios....

Lol, if anyone local here had a 5 tone key up or roger beep and they kept it on all the time a cable with a tow hook would be wrapped around their tower and you would see the whole thing being dragged down the street. Takes care of that mess. Bad enough we must listen to that crap come in on DX from Mexico.

I agree! The only.. and I mean ONLY reason someone would want such a thing is to annoy the hell out of someone deliberately. I wouldn't talk to anyone with one. I can handle a single tone on unkey, but that is it.

I agree! The only.. and I mean ONLY reason someone would want such a thing is to annoy the hell out of someone deliberately. I wouldn't talk to anyone with one. I can handle a single tone on unkey, but that is it.

Guess it's a good thing you aren't local then huh? I'm proud to be an agitator and instigator. Then again, I have just the single tone for people that don't like my 5 tone. I changed the cap and resistor in the factory installed beep on my 66v, a slightly higher tone that's extended, switchable between double standard length, or about 15 seconds long.

So back to the original question, if anyone can tell me how to hook this up as a keyup, let me know please.

Are you not proud of who you are? No I don't use my noise toys all the time, but now I'm being bashed for even having one? Shame on the mess.....

I carry on conversations with the locals, in DX land, and with anyone who cares to talk. When there's nothing else to do and that occasional time comes around, I enjoy having fun all the same with those little switches and sounds. So automatically that makes me a "bad guy"?

I posted this thread asking a question, not for criticism on the matter. I intend to get along with everyone on this forum, but there are those that just simply can't be pleased. I am who I am, take it or leave it. Now if someone has an answer to my original post, please let me know. If not, thanks and have a nice day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.