• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6LQ6 conversion to EL 509 or 519

fasteddy

Apr 5, 2005
Does anyone know if this conversion is possibe? If so could they help me with the info to do it?

thanks

fasteddy

</p>

Yes it is possible.As long as your box has the clearance for the taller tubes.The info is on the net but I cant remember where.Might have been on one of the ham sites.Do a search on metacrawler or Google.Sorry I couldnt give you the details.

Email Alan [email]fixer7526@wmconnect.com[/email] he does this conversion and is a nice guy.He will probably help you out.

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>

Thanks guys. I really appreciate this help. I have found a few 6LQ6's on ebay for a reasonable price and I might just get those for now and do the conversion later. I had a KLV350 once and it would put out a little over 300 watts. Isn't that a little more than 2 6LQ6's would do or are they about the same? One again Thanks a bunch

fasteddy

</p>

Yes you can convert any amp to just about any other tube as long as the box is large enough for that tube and you have the money.Depending on the tube you choose you may have to change transformers and you will have to change the tube sockets and rewire them properly.

Another good tube to convert your sweep tube amp to is the 811A which is a true transmit tube and is tough and inexpensive.Of course you will need a new transformer.I am running an Eagle 200 that originally had three 20LF6s and now has three 811As.I had to buy a 1500 volt 1 amp transformer to run the 811As.I also just purchased a Peter Dahl 2500 volt 2 amp transformer for my box that runs four 4CX350F tubes as the high voltage side of the transformer had a short under load.That transformer better last till I kick as I dont want to spend that kinda cash on that amp ever again.LOL Take care and good luck.

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22