• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6mtr 5/8wave

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
i picked up an old sirio 827 to make a 5/8 for 6mtrs like the dominator,
my friend is doing the same with the junky sirio tornado,
sirio already make a tornado for 6mtrs but not the 827 version which is a shame as unlike the tornado the 827 will be virtually immune to the ravages of wind as a 6mtr antenna at around 13 feet long,

i have done it before with regular gp27's and the 827 is easier to redo for 50mhz ( if you can get it in pieces ),

it will be a referance to compare other antennas to in the 6mtr shootout,
i managed to get the 827 partially stripped so i can clean it up,
hopefully i will have some pics MC style so ya can see what sirios only half decent antenna looks like under the skin.

heres some pics as it looks before i clean the old girl up, they are a bit large :oops:
the bottom section of radiator is inch and 3/4 with 1/8 wall thickness 6063-t836 aluminum
black nylon coilform bonded to a thick wall fiberglass tube with 10awg hard copper wire transformer,
not the best antenna around but it will make a decent 6mtr antenna ;)

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/ukmudduck/sirio 827/?action=view&slideshow=true

P1010234.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.